Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Please rate and help me with my team~
#I'd try Moonblast over HP Ground on Xerneas because it allows you to OHKO (at +2 SpA after Geomancy) certain threats such as M-Kang, Dialga and you will also 2HKO an opposing boosted Xerneas, and it will hit harder P-Kyogre, Cresselia and other bulky mons.

+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 118-140 (57 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 150-178 (72.4 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You will be able to KO a Primal Groudon with Dazzling Gleam + Moonblast anyway, so HP Ground is almost useless. Run a Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe spread.

#If you run a Modest Kyogre you can afford to invest in bulk instead of going max SpA, given its incredible SpA Base Stat.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This spread allows you to take a LO Dragon Ascent from M-Ray, or a -1 Double-Edge from M-Kang is almost a 3HKO or even a 252+ Atk Power Whip from Ferrothorn. You'll still be able to hit anything really hard because of its Modest + 76 SpA EVs spread. I noticed you already have Ferrothorn to deal with an opposing P-Kyogre, so i decided to add Scald instead of Thunder because it gives you another Water STAB to use when you are under half HP.

#Your Ferrothorn build is a bit unconventional. First of all, Gyro Ball will become more powerful if you run a Brave nature and 0 Speed IVs. You also need some more Atk investment to actually OHKO a +2 Xerneas or a standard P-Kyogre.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

148+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 12 HP / 4 Def Primal Kyogre: 180-212 (101.6 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

148+ Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 12 HP / 4 Def Xerneas: 216-254 (106.4 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Leech Seed + Leftovers is a solid win condition if you eliminate targets such as M-Mence or P-Groudon because there's not much else that can deal with a Ferrothorn once it setups 1 or 2 Leech Seed.

# I like Landorus-T's Intimidate to support P-Kyogre, i'd just suggest to run a Jolly nature because it allows you to outspeed both Primals by 1 point. Knock Off is not as strong as last year, so i would run a standard Rock Slide.

For the last two slots... mmm i think you need better options because both Clefable and M-Mawile make you really weak to P-Groudon and opposing Steel types. Another problem you have with this team is that you lack a form of speed control, a Taunt user to prevent opposing Trick Room or Tailwind from going up and in general and your average speed is just decent. I have something in mind to try to fix these problems, if you are willing to make these changes.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Gengar is fast, it adds a form of speed control (Icy Wind) and Taunt to your team. You also have something else to lead against a Smeargle + Xerneas lead (because you can threaten both of them with Taunt and Sludge Bomb).

Skill Swap is a trick you can use against opposing M-Kang to steal their Parental Bond (while avoiding Sucker Punch), but more importantly it lets you switch ability with your P-Kyogre to change weather in your favour against an opposing P-Groudon. You also have a Levitate user so that Landorus-T can safely go for an Earthquake (to be honest, you can also run a Choice Band on Landorus-T with Explosion since Gengar is a Ghost type and it's not affected by it)

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Another Intimidate support which is beneficial for both Kyogre and Xerneas. Mega-Salamence can "safely" switch into P-Groudon to threaten it with a strong Hyper Voice but it can also hit opposing Kyogre or Xerneas with a powerful Double-Edge. Flamethrower is my third move of choice because honestly Ferrothorn is a pain to deal with the rest of your team, so you have a move to directly OHKO it (you will be able to hit M-Mawile too)

I hope it helped!

Messages In This Thread
Please rate and help me with my team~ - by Ryouyashi - Mar 25, 2016, 06:45 AM
RE: Please rate and help me with my team~ - by GiMYz - Mar 26, 2016, 07:34 AM