Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] An Informal Guide to Draft-Style Format
11/10 outstanding guide on draft style format! As Kev said, it is extremely fun to be a participant in a league as it allows you to not only have fun battling but see crazy strategies from your opponents which exposes you more to using less metagame strategies.

What I'll add to this:
  • An important factor in drafting is to try as best as possible to plan out your team properly and minimize on the use of transactions and please, never ever start dropping Pokemon just because they lost 2+ matches. Bad matchups are bound to happen and you may end up dropping a gem. This happened to me in PFA S3 when I dropped Tornadus-Therian, Klefki and Hoopa-C and in the IBL S2 where I dropped Meloetta.

• Also try as best as possible to do in depth team building. Copy and pasting sets from Smogon is pretty much the easiest way to set yourself up for getting predicted. Be creative and run Watmel Berry Natural Gift Dragon Dance Gyarados to counter Ferrothorn or something along the lines.

• Schedule your matches from the beginning of the scheduled week so you don't run into not meeting deadlines and don't be an inactive bum. Socialize in the league chats and get to know people!

• The widest movepool doesn't always make the best league Pokemon. To quote Wizards of Waverly Place (yes...I'm going there) "The most skilled player is not the one who knows most but the one who can do the most with the least". A lot of hidden gems go undrafted in league format so be sure to consider some of those NFE and PU Pokemon when you're drafting (not Lickilicky though, I learnt that the hard way)

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Informal Guide to Draft-Style Format - by Marcusube - Sep 20, 2016, 06:00 AM