Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] The CIL Season 2 Finals (Re-Upload)
I know it was a rather long team report than usual, but this was the Finals for draft league I was in for the past 6 months now. Instead of post all the battles unto here (could have done honestly), was thinking of posting a highlight of the season. Guess getting to Finals is one of them. Did talk to Chase after the game and he told me he actually had both Diggersby and Porygon2 on his original team, but didn't felt comfortable bringing them. Both of these mons I've lamented throughout the team report as the best "wall" and "wall-breaker" on each given team. Seen some rather crazy set used by Porygon2 by a certain player here and didn't want to take any chances. Diggersby was a mon which essentially under the right circumstance got a kill against something, unless I'm able to outspeed and revenge kill it with one of my mons.

Regarding the times when Chase "Flamethrower" my Char X with Arcanine, he was just essentially cornered and didn't have for Char X aside the Porygon2 and other potential 'sets'. Maybe part of this lack of prep for Char X was due to the matchup, or Chase just having finished his "Finals Team" for a late night battle, but definitely my Mega was a huge threat to his team. While Char X legit could have 6-0 swept Chase's team (and I mean the exact team he brought), netting the OHKO on Florges and severerly crippling Skarmory helped me during the late game. 

(Oct 9, 2016, 06:35 AM)Marcusube Wrote: @Black117 Back at it again with the champion title! First of all, congratulations on winning the CIL. The team building process really paid off as you did indeed break through the wall core and sweep with a 4-0. I find it a bit hilarious on Chase's part how he ran choice scarf on Starmie to get a better matchup against Nidoking even though Sucker Punch more than likely KOd it after chip damage. The only play that really stuck out to me was when you Dragon Danced in front of Florges because that could've been good game since he wouldn't have anything else to stop Charizard other than repeatedly switching in Arcanine to intimidate it

Yeah didn't think too much of it then, but as I was writing this piece last sunday, realized Nidoking essentially handled the "four" Pokemon Chase had brought with the combination of Sludge Wave, Sucker Punch, and Flamethrower. Sludge Wave + Flamethrower both threaten Chase's main wall core in Florges and Skarmory, while do good enough chip damage where Sucker Punch can net a surpise OHKO on either Psychic-type, again if damaged. Regarding the Dragon Dance play on the Florges, honestly didn't know that Chase had Toxic, and then at the time felt too "confident" it was a standard Cleric set with Calm Mind. As KevinVGC said in the now taken down video, I should definitely Dragon Dance one more time against Arcanine, especially on the Florges switch. Despite Chase sacking both walls, this prevent him form being swept from Char X, though the damage was already done. 

If there was any mistake on my end, it was certainly not clicking Dragon Dance to "win" the game. The reason I did so against Florges was my Char X spread isn't the offensive variant, rather a special tank sorta designed to setup on Starmie and Florges, if possible as Scald / Moonblast was a 3HKO. At +1, even a full physically defensive Florges has a chance to live so couldn't risk the roll. In fact, the Florges wasn't fully HP invested, so +1 Flare Blitz might have OHKOed, wasnt waht to do at the time and played safe with my setup.

(Oct 9, 2016, 03:01 PM)AbruptFury Wrote: That was a great match :D Glad I saw it. Was definitely finals material

Thanks Abrupt for support at the twitch chat. For those who want to see the spreadsheet for the CIL, well here's a link as to it. I'm going to post another "Finals" from my league battle experience and promise this next series of battles will be more "closer" than you think. Hope this sorta helps people kinda have an idea how to team build in league format since that's the main purpose of this post.

Messages In This Thread
The CIL Season 2 Finals (Re-Upload) - by Black117 - Oct 8, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: The CIL Season 2 Finals (Re-Upload) - by Black117 - Oct 9, 2016, 04:34 PM