Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Help designing a TR team.
So I've recently entered a UCL style draft league with 16 members for Singles format. The plan is for us to draft 3 pokemon from each tier betwen OU and NU. Pokemon of PU and lower may be selected in the NU tier.

That being said, I've never done a draft league like this, and I'm really worried about my ability to string together a successful team. I've decided that I want to put together a Trick Room team, as it's one of my favorite concepts. However, I don't have a ton of actual experience running it and thought I'd come here in the hopes of finding someone with a bit more experience who could give me some pointers.

Here's what I know so far:
-I believe I want to run a more offensive form of TR. I've tried to rely more on defensive Pokemon, and I just have trouble getting in the sweepers with this kind of setup.
-I'm aware that I need to select Pokemon that are capable of doing work even without TR, since it's assured I won't be able to always put it up.
-We won't know the draft order until right before it starts, so my main plan is to target 1-2 Pokemon per tier to build the core to my team. The other picks will be there to cover weaknesses or just build a backup strategy based on what's available.

The Pokemon that I'm looking at to build the core of my team so far are M-Heracross, Thundurus-T, and Hydreigon. Conkeldurr also seems like a decent option. I was looking to possibly get my main TR setters from RU and lower, mainly Bronzong and possibly Cofagrigus. The main theory for my team is to start with Bronzong as a suicide lead, dropping TR and rocks if necessary. Then I'd custap into an explode, allowing me to bring in one of the heavier hitters to do work. Thundurus-T would be used as a bit of a speed control with the prankster Twaves, giving me more options outside TR. If possible, I'd also like to get another faster Pokemon or two, such as Jolteon or Typhlosion to potentially swap in for one of my slower threats.

Anyways, thank you for reading and potentially offering any help that you might have. I'm really interested to hear what everyone things, especially @"Elly" and @Black117 .

Messages In This Thread
Help designing a TR team. - by Vohras - Nov 3, 2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Pattyback11 - Nov 3, 2016, 05:56 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Pattyback11 - Nov 3, 2016, 05:57 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Vohras - Nov 3, 2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Pattyback11 - Nov 3, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by croissant - Nov 3, 2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Vohras - Nov 3, 2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Black117 - Nov 3, 2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Marcusube - Nov 3, 2016, 09:26 PM