Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Help designing a TR team.
@Vohras Hi, I'll be glad to help! While I don't play a lot of draft-league sort of things, @Black117 will certainly be able to help you with that part. That being said, as an avid Smogon player, I've used and built plenty of Trick Room teams and I'll try to give you some tips:

1- While you may want to get a more offensive, fast-paced team, you will still need a bulkier Trick Room setter. That being said, bulky doesn't mean weak; Slowking and Cofagrigus can run Trick Room/Nasty Plot very effectively along with two attacking moves (or an attacking move and a recovery move). Jellicent also has decent Sp. Attack and can help against defensive Pokémon with Taunt/Will-O-Wisp/Hex to help out your offensive mons.

2- One thing I remember using along Trick Room in Singles is VoltTurn, and it seems just as good in the draft format (don't quote me on that, like I said I'm not too experienced in this format): you can either get your Trick Room setter safely on the field or switch into an appropriate check/counter, and it can also help for scouting the opponent's set/item (which seems especially useful in the draft format in my opinion).

3- In your thread you mentionned using your potential Bronzong as a suicide lead; don't! Bronzong has great defenses, and so trying to keep it healthy through the match to ensure that you can set up Trick Room many times would probably be better for you. This goes for all TR setters too.

Since it's draft format and you are likely to get your picks sniped, I won't suggest Pokemon since I won't even know what is available, but obviously try to get maybe half of your team slow/decent in TR and the other half capable of working outside of it. Other than that, don't forget the obvious stuff, like having hazards and hazard control, and good luck! If I can think of anything else I will edit this post. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Help designing a TR team. - by Vohras - Nov 3, 2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Pattyback11 - Nov 3, 2016, 05:56 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Pattyback11 - Nov 3, 2016, 05:57 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Vohras - Nov 3, 2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Pattyback11 - Nov 3, 2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by croissant - Nov 3, 2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Vohras - Nov 3, 2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Black117 - Nov 3, 2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Help designing a TR team. - by Marcusube - Nov 3, 2016, 09:26 PM