Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Can somebody help me with my smeargle moveset?
The problem with using hazards in a Battle Spot Doubles is that there's significantly less switching involved. Consider both players have two Pokemon on the field and the other two in the back so the purpose of those hazards become null as soon as either any two Pokemon from one field is knocked out.

Dark Void is generally a staple move on Smeargle given the fact you can effectively place two Pokemon to sleep for up to 1-3 turns. Usually I'd pair this with a strong hyper offensive POkemon or something that can setup immediately like the obvious Mega Kangashan/Salamence. For other movesets, Follow Me is a good support move for redirection and once again to get those mons setup. Some people like to run King's Shield on their Smeargles to punish contact moves, though this will leave Smeargle vulnerable to Taunt.

Tailwind is another move Smeargle can use for offensive players to punish passive double protect plays, though it can be rather risky. Both Quick Guard and Wide Guard are useful to have on Smeargle for surprise tech options, just figure out the team.

(FYI I don't want the Chandelure, so you can give it to someone else).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can somebody help me with my smeargle moveset? - by Black117 - Nov 4, 2016, 10:47 AM