Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] KARTANA-ING MY WAY TO THE TOP (VGC 2017 TEAM)
@Black117, thanks for providing feedback on my team and for the compliment.

To start, most of the recommendations you're making are on point in regards to what my team is currently experiencing on Showdown.

As a recently heard, it isn't VGC unless a Pokémon has Protect and though I'm a little hesitant in replacing Night Slash, I believe giving the Ultra Beast a Z-Crystal is an idea I'll be looking into. Doing a little damage calculations, if up against Eviolite Porygon2 using Sacred Sword powered by Z-Fightinimum and another move could potentially KO it. One note, are the 100 EVs in Sp. Defense so Kartana can live a Blizzard from Alolan Ninetales? I believe xRazeOvation did the very samething for the very same reason.

Haven't been able to test out what you've suggested @Hojunhu, but I've noticed most of the other Alolan Marowaks I've faced are slower, so I might increase the EVs in Speed and Defense.

Yep, Sap Sipper Goodra walls Tapu Bulu. As for the EVs, I may experiment with the spread Till Böhmer used for his Goodra - build from it or simply borrow it. I, too, have noticed that especially when it comes to rain teams. Goodra feels so attacked at times.

Alolan Dugtrio has its shining moments, no doubt. Playing around with a possible replacement wouldn't hurt. Adding Mandibuzz is interesting, seeing that I've been walled by several as of late.

The thought crossed my mind, about changing Milotic's EVs since xRazeOvation also made adjustments to his own Milotic based on the teams he was going up against in Battle Spot. I'll be sure to test this set.

Not entirely sure if Tapu Lele will replace Tapu Fini, I just started battling again using this team and one with Tapu Lele on it. I might end up keeping Tapu Fini since I can set up against members of rain teams and resist the attacks from sun based teams.

Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KARTANA-ING MY WAY TO THE TOP (VGC 2017 TEAM) - by Eugenio - Jan 15, 2017, 08:25 PM