Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Bulky Zapdos (VGC or Smogon)
Someone earlier posted a offensive zapdos set but lately ive been seeing a lot of bulky zapdos, so this is my thought on a good build
[Image: zapdos_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48n7.gif]
HP 90/ Atk 90/ Def 85/ SpA 125/ SpD90/ Speed 100
Zapdos @Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
Level: 50
EV's 252 HP 168 Def 68 SpA and 20 Speed
-thunderbolt
-roost
-protect (can be optional)
-HP ice (in which case you would need specific IV's)/heat wave/air slash/thunder wave/toxic

a few notes about this- if you would like you could move speed ev's to SpD or Def and even the SpA iv's if you really want it bulky. protect is pretty much on all bulky pokemon especially to get leftovers healing back. The last move is up to you and i would base it off of who is on you're team. If you don't have a dragon counter, HP ice is pretty obvious, but if you're team is weak to mega venusaur then air slash is better damage with a chance to flinch (if you wanna be that guy who rely's on hax  :P ), heat wave makes a good aegislash counter, thunder wave for a better tank set (in which case i recommend air slash over thunderbolt, as thunderbolt will not hit ground types), and toxic for a classic tank stall move. those are just some general reasons for which fourth move to use. I hope you guys like this and find it useful. comment below any changes you think would be good and Happy Foruming  :D
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye

Messages In This Thread
Bulky Zapdos (VGC or Smogon) - by MARSxVenom - Oct 4, 2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Bulky Zapdos - by Walken124 - Oct 4, 2014, 04:19 PM
RE: Bulky Zapdos - by MARSxVenom - Oct 4, 2014, 04:24 PM
RE: Bulky Zapdos - by Heavy - Oct 4, 2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Bulky Zapdos - by MARSxVenom - Oct 4, 2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Bulky Zapdos - by Walken124 - Oct 4, 2014, 08:08 PM
RE: Bulky Zapdos - by MARSxVenom - Oct 4, 2014, 08:09 PM