Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] En Guard
(Jul 2, 2015, 10:20 AM)GMX Wrote:
(Jul 2, 2015, 09:51 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: First of all thanks alot for everything. Also for hooking me up with the awesome charizard spread, hope it works great. you mentioned a whimsicott, i also notice alot of thundurus-i mirror-matches in almost every other game, investing alot to win the speed tie can be costly, hence just as for safety i chose mental herb. you again said for heatwave, another reason is to not bring luck into the game as accuracy of also varies and alot of times costs me the game, however i would put h-wave as a test. i would try playing char-y the way you suggested and will hope it helps. the last thing is swampert that i don't understand. is there a reason that special swampert is considered over a physical one? i mean i do have avalanche getting me OHKO'es on lando-t, but choosing to invest in a base 85 offense variant over a base 110 seems quite foolish to me, also i wanted the criteria on the team t balance out the attack variants which are 3x special attackers and 3x physical attackers.

Yeah the Thundurus mirror matches are much more common than facing Whimsicott. Usually if you run Sitrus Berry you can scout for who has the faster Thundurus by simply attacking the opposing Thundurus with TBolt. If you are slower, than you can also expect the Taunt and you can play accordingly by switching into something else or just go for another TBolt if you want to KO it.

Regarding the Special Swampert set: a physical set is affected by Intimidates, potential Scald burns and so on. A -1 Attack Swampert can't do much. The special set has access to Scald (which is the best Water type move for its 30% chance to burn the target) a single target Ground move which is Earth Power (to bypass opposing Wide Guard) and Ice Beam gets the necessary OHKOs anyway as you see from the damage calculations.

thnx alot for clearing my confusion with special swampert and your points on thundurus are right as i just observed while practicing. i was just practicing with the team and noticed some of the problems:
. Not good enough counter against rain.
. Needed flying coverage for scrafty and other bulky fighting types.

Now i am currently thinking this mon over swampert
Articuno @ Charti Berry
Ability: Pressure
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Sunny Day
- Protect

i haven't decided a spread yet, but hope this works. this also adds 3x fire weaknesses to the team and hurricane sounds terrible for a flying move requirred. sunny day i needed more than anything after char-y's drought fades. can you plz suggest a better mon for this slot for the issues mentioned above.

Messages In This Thread
En Guard - by Pokeventurer - Jul 1, 2015, 01:51 PM
RE: En Guard - by GiMYz - Jul 2, 2015, 08:25 AM
RE: En Guard - by Pokeventurer - Jul 2, 2015, 09:51 AM
RE: En Guard - by GiMYz - Jul 2, 2015, 10:20 AM
RE: En Guard - by Pokeventurer - Jul 2, 2015, 11:47 AM
RE: En Guard - by GiMYz - Jul 2, 2015, 12:06 PM