Poll: Who's Better? Landorus-Incarnate or Landorus-Therian
Incarnate
Therian
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Landorus-Incarnate - Mixed Attacker (2 Options)
Thanks everyone for the support of this thread! Likewise I'll try to address each point made so here goes.

1. I guess that question on the top is kinda irrelevant since virtually everyone agrees that Landorus-Therian is vastly superior to the Incarnate form since just because how versatile its sets can be as well as its Intimidate ability, which drops the attack on both Pokemon not just one. Landorus-I only has IMO 2 viable sets for this meta until Sheer Force is given to him in an event or future game. The main issue with Landorus-I is its needs either a Life Orb, or Sand Force to power up its Ground/Rock moves.

2. The reason why one would chose Landorus-I over a different mon like Excadrill is it doesn't need Earthquake to be completely  viable. Given how there are many Intimidaters such as Landorus-T and Salamence, specially mixed Landorus-I doesn't care if its attack stat is dropped as long as it can fire off powerful Sand Force boosted Earth Powers (provided the sand is up). With Sand Force, Earth Power basically has the same power as a from a regular Sheer Force Landorus-I and can practically 2HKO most frailer targets. Landorus-I is one of the very few Pokemon that can handle Landorus-T, Charizard Y, Salamence, and Aegislash with one of its coverage attacks. The only problem with this is Landorus needs the Sand Force boost (or have the sand up) to at least do some work against the opposing team otherwise its a sitting duck.

3. Stone Edge is probably the better option to run over Rock Slide since Landorus can knock out 252 HP 4 Def Zard Y and still has a 68.8% chance (if it hits) to KO with an Intimidate drop. LO Rock Slide can OHKO this same Charizard Y investment, though it needs these two (Life Orb and Sand Force) to do so. Then again if Tyranitar is on the field (with either sandstorm or Scarf), then Charizard Y switch the hell out.

4. [COMPLETE THEORYMON HERE] The inaccessibility of Sheer Force for Landorus-Incarnate hurts its usage significantly, otherwise we might be taking about how Landorus-I is the most underrated threats in the VGC meta. Key word is "underrated".  I don't take away how powerful Landorus-I can be in Singles because what Naitre said is one of the hardest Pokemon to switch in as it can 2HKO practically anything in the game bar hard counters like Cresselia. The problem I see Landorus-I has in Doubles is it needs all four attacks to be completely viable, though I think most people would settle with the same Ground/Rock/Ice coverage from the first set. Sludge Bomb is great for Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon, but the problem with this is Sheer Force Sludge Bomb won't OHKO these two without some form prior damage. Focus Blast with a Sheer Force ca  literally nukes Mega Kangaskhan to pieces but the accuracy would be problematic.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VGC] Landorus-Incarnate - Mixed Attacker (2 Options) - by Black117 - Jul 10, 2015, 03:33 AM