Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] From This Perspective: Notes on Malamar!
(Jul 20, 2015, 03:44 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote: I like this! Malamar is one of those pokemon that has potential but is outclassed by other powerhouses. Alas Malamar gets outshined because its 4x weakness to Bug is dreadful. Now I know what youre thinking; every dragon has a 4x weakness to the most common move in the VGC meta game, ice. I guess dragons are good because of their stats Kappa. Anyways back to Malamar, Id spread out the evs a little bit and run assault vest instead of lum berry.

Malamar: @Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 HP/ 68 Atk/ 92 Def/ 60 SpDef/ 36 Speed
- SuperPower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Foul Play

Malamar is a problem because of its lack of a move pool. However with contrary super power gets +1 each turn instead of -1. That being said Attack and Defense dont really need to be invested greatly in. Scizor serves to be a big threat because of the 4x weakness. It is also easier to sweep with it in Singles because there is no double targeting.  Malamar can be fun to use but you gotta be careful with it.

your set also looks good. the set i gave was 'team specific'. it's move pool isn't that bad too right? i mean it gets some fairly good moves. Bug moves aren't really the most common one's we see but a team well prepared for it can make it shine in many scenario's

Messages In This Thread
RE: From This Perspective: Notes on Malamar! - by Pokeventurer - Jul 20, 2015, 08:21 PM