Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Website Pokemon Tournaments (Need Your Help)
(Nov 20, 2014, 02:27 AM)ilias Wrote:
(Nov 20, 2014, 02:15 AM)Eeveeli Wrote: ♦ Set a consistent date (weekly, monthly, bi-weekly?)
I would do it bi-weekly/Every three weeks so that people can build/work on their teams and have enough time to get used to it. In my option a week would be too short for that and a month too long. I would also do this in the weekend but I think that this was already planned ^^

♦ People need to register, but how do we choose who's in and be fair? (yes there needs to be a limit on entries)
I think the only fair way to do this is via a generator/raffle system thanks to timezones and stuff like that. If I made a event like that I would make a registration topic where people could sign up and let this topic open for a whole day (Let's say on a friday/day before the tournament starts) after that you lock the topic, go to a raffle site and just let it generate people until all the spots are filled.

I wouldn't add a rule that if you were in one tournament then you can't be in the next one, especially if this will be a monthly thing. From what I experienced it's very hard to find a normal 6 vs 6/VGC match on Pokemon since most people on XY love to bring shoiny ubers with them. The only way to do this is via the replaychat or making a topic on that forum but that can also take a while before you finally find some matches to fight against.

so I would appreciate it if this rule wasn't added since tournaments are a great way to find fun matches.

♦ Reporting matches (Just reply in the tournament thread?)
As you said in the topic I think with just leaving a reply in the tournament thread is the best way to do this.

♦ Anything Else?
I would also generate some more people after the spots are filled as 'reserves' since I know how annoying it can be when someone doesn't show up. If you do this then you can replace that person easily without making too much trouble around it. I would also give that person who didn't showed up a "penalty" for the next tournament so that he/she can't join. (Well of course it's different if that person has a reason for it but i'm talking about people who just don't show up because they don't feel like doing it anymore)

I agree with this. But a monthly tournament would be better in my opinion. Blush
Well we kind of already do that with sub tourneys
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX

Messages In This Thread
RE: Website Pokemon Tournaments (Need Your Help) - by thewasher19 - Nov 20, 2014, 05:18 AM