Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Sand with Mega-Salamence team
(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Salamence: u are running a strange EV investment, most mixed variants Opt to go for the naive nature, instead of jolly and like to run split offensive investments (even 252 atk/252 spe/4 sp.atk ones are good)

Yeah, it was because at the beginnig I was using Dragon Claw and Fire Fang and Draco Meteor and Flamethrower were a last minute change Wink

(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Tyranitar: you are running earthquake on your tyranitar, however i have seen popular players run ice beams on the same variant as u run (EVs), it can be handy  the salamences and the landorus' you expect to switch in into you or even the one's who try to cripple your leads (sand mode) whereas there isn't much room, when u already have a pokemon like excadrill to use EQ.
Done Wink

(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Excadrill: a good call there, i do like that you run an adamant sashed variant to catch other's off-guard and still deal more damage Wink
In general I like Sashed pokemon, people think, oh and OHKO pokemon and without notice it has turned to an 1 or 2 defeat pokemon from their side Wink

(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Thundurus: you said that it doesn't get's used at all right? i would suggest rotom-w in this slot, it can effectively deal with the thundy+lando lead and cripple it, it can absorb any water type attacks against your rain duo. it is also immune to speed control of t-wave which can work greatly in favor of making defensive switch in's.
Do you really think Rotom is a good choise? wouldn't I be to weak to Grass atacks?

(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Aegislash: you run a spread which conquers the point of surviving 252+ specs hydreigon's dark pulse right? i made a better spread that a user here suggested to me, this is the following:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Stance Change  
Level: 50  
EVs: 236 HP / 12 Atk / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 20 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
- Wide Guard  
- King's Shield  
- Sacred Sword  
- Shadow Ball

it does the same things, however get's some offensive potential, this spread is a sassy nature one to avoid attack drop, you can still keep your moveset, but try out the EV spread. also wanted to question the choice of lefties in absense of sub? is it supposed to be a mind-game tactic or just for recovery? if not that way, you can try out items like WP and LO on it.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it!!
It's funny, because I use Lefties for the two reasons that you gave xD I wanted some recovery and knowing that 80% or more of the Aegislash with Lefties have sub and not wide guard I could play with it Wink

(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Milotic: it's fine to me, however the defensive EV's need an explanation. another thing is that most milotics like to use recover to get up that annoying serpent stance. if you wanna drop the lefties on aegi, try em on milo, it will kinda make it immune to sand chip damage.
Like I said, I was also considering using recover instead of protect.

(Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: . Team Weaknesses:
Well from as of it is right now your team looks weak to the following things:
. Amoongus (powder moves in general, try out safety goggles on aegislash or even milotic, to counter em with a surprise)
. Landorus (it is a big threat to the team, adding rotom-w will greatly help).
. Trick room destroys your team, running slower T-tar might help.

Hope these suggestions help you out! Smile
In fact I havent got many issues with Amoonguss and Landorus and I think it's because of three things, Milotic, Thundurus and Mance.
Having both Milotic and Thundurus and Landorus user has to think really hard and 7 on 10 games Landorus will not apear.
Against Amoonguss I have Taunt in Thundurus and Flying fast attacks with Mance, and that one of the reasons that I wanted a Prankster user in Thundurus spot.

So, I have implemented almost all of your suggestions, Naive Mance, Recover Millotic, Ice Beam Tyranitar and that Aegislash of yours, and have played only 3 games getting 3 win Smile
Like I said before, I don't want Rotom-w because of being to frail to Grass Move and I prefered an Prankster user in that spot, but we could discuss that if you want Wink

Messages In This Thread
Sand with Mega-Salamence team - by Avolta - Sep 8, 2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Sand with Mega-Salamence team - by Pokeventurer - Sep 8, 2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Sand with Mega-Salamence team - by Avolta - Sep 10, 2015, 12:11 PM