Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon GO Release Date 2016 Video and Info Thread
(Sep 11, 2015, 06:36 AM)nlough Wrote:
(Sep 11, 2015, 06:26 AM)Black117 Wrote: I am actually interested to see how much involvement Game Freak has in the development of this project considering they are the ones who make the main series Pokemon games after all. Rarely do I see Game Freak involved in such spinoffs since they are usually the ones that tweak the battling system and developing a potential story,but since this is an app I highly doubt the latter is the case. Regardless I think people are too dismissive of a product we still don't have as much info on so lets just wait until once the app is release to see if it truly lives up to the main series games.

I think most people, including myself, are dismissive of it because they're advertising as if 3D holograms of the pokemon are going to appear before you out in the real world when really you'll only be able to see them on your phone.

Another issue I have is how the app is going to run. Is it going to use up a ton of data while you're catching a pokemon?

No offense, but do people REALLY think that 3D holograms are going to pop out of their phones because of the trailer?

Look at the commercial they ran when ORAS came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3Ptnns9c8

That commercial showed 3D models of Pokémon roaming around with actual people and no one thought that the Pokémon were going to pop out of the screen. If that's someone's legitimate gripe with it then I don't know what to tell you. The trailer is just showing how it will bring people together. You have to use your imagination for the rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon GO Release Date 2016 Video and Info Thread - by DanielJames - Sep 11, 2015, 07:34 AM