Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] "I'm on Cloud Nine like a-Golduck?" Shedding light on a very useful VGC16 ability.
I'm going to edit in some things in that I forgot, (like Soak Golduck,) fix a few typos, and adjust some things based on what the Special Battle Season stats on the Global Link have shown. I think this thread is worth keeping around if you hate the Primals.

Golduck is sort of a gimmick in a way, but not like other gimmicks that take setting up. It does counter Groudon and sometimes Rayquaza, and when put in the right hands, it can put your opponent in a bad position if they rely on the meta too much. It can be easily stopped if your opponent knows what they're doing, but I think it's still decent or better.

However, I have to agree with you that Lickilicky is the best of the 3, if it wasn't clear by my analysis. I did, however, kind of forget that they nerfed Gems' power from 2x down to 1.3x, despite them taking out the other Gems completely. Still, someone did use Normal Gem, so maybe it's better than I thought?

*looks at Global Link stats*

Okay, I am not impressed by these Lickilicky stats. They were a little better a few days ago, but people aren't using the greatest stuff on them. Protect is the 2nd most used move, really? Anything that doesn't have Assault Vest has it? Fire Blast used more than Flamethrower? If Flamethrower doesn't kill Ferrothorn, than I guess I can see why. And what's this? Wise Glasses?? Who's idea was that?? And where's Explosion's usage? Maybe using Lickilicky is harder to use than I thought it was...

Hopefully the International Challenge will shed some light on Lickilicky.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I'm on Cloud Nine like a-Golduck?" Shedding light on a very useful VGC16 ability. - by MagnusHexem - Jan 28, 2016, 11:23 PM