Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Can somebody help me with my smeargle moveset?
That's not entirely true. Reason why Smeargle is moderately used in VGC, BS Doubles, or any Doubles oriented format is its significant support options and the threat of Dark Void. Unless your opponent doesn't know what Smeargle does, people still have to respect the fact a successful DV use can rapidly change the momentum of the game to the your favor. Personally, Dark Void is only incredibly "strong" to the point other people consider banning DV from Smeargle, however I won't get into that debate.

Hazards are not seen at all in VGC or Battle Spot Doubles since again these battles are much faster pace and more offensive oriented. Remember that 4 Pokemon are being used in a Flat Double battle, and then 2 of them are on the field. Problem with the focus sash argument is people are generally going to "lead" with their sash users in doubles anyways. Some of the most common sash users like Gengar, Bisharp, Terrakion, and yes even Smeargle are seen as leads.

Obviously there are some extreme exceptions, but there's way better support moves for Smeargle to run anyways like those I've mentioned in the previous comment. Just removing Stealth Rocks and Sticky Webs greatly gives Smeargle more options to use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can somebody help me with my smeargle moveset? - by Black117 - Nov 4, 2016, 11:23 AM