Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures
Jouzea's Diary

Nurse, uhmm... Joy? She really looks like Nurse Joy from Cinnabar island.

Well the nurse came back and told me Miming is already okay but it'll take longer time for Trebol to recover. Well I expected that much, since he fainted against Illima's smeargle.

Miming and I went to our trial, but I know I'm gonna have a hard time again if I don't have anyone else on my team. So along the way, I caught a growlithe. My previous pokemon partner back in Kanto was an Arcanine. He died from a disease a few years after the volcano erupted and my family evacuated to Kalos. We weren't able to take care of him as we were dealing with my mother's sickness at the same time back then. But this growlithe I caught is the antithesis of Brownie, my late arcanine. He looks and acts derpy! I'm not complaining though it's actually the reason I wanted him.

[Image: prowling_arcanine_by_pvyrus.jpg] [Image: 322451-19.jpg?v=b&1473962645]
Brownie, my late Arcanine by pvyrus vs Doge, the growlithe by KPCOMIX

With the help of Doge, we finished Illima's trial and were rewarded with a crystal and a cool pose. I seem to have faint glimpses in my memory about some thugs trying to disrupt the trial but I can't really recall, maybe they're just forgettable.

Doge fainted in our trial so I ran towards a pokemon center. While I was waiting for him to recover, a lady talked to me about cutiefly and some reward. Before I fully understood what she was saying, the nurse called for my name. She said Doge recovered fast but also warned me to make sure he doesn't stress his body too much. As she was saying that Doge ran out the door. I tried to call him back in his pokeball but the derpdog is just too fast. As I exited the center I heard a woman's scream saying "Route 3!".

Along the road, there were trainers who wanted to battle against me but I just kept on pursuing Doge. I promised to battle them later. In the tall grass, I saw Doge chasing after a small yellow bug pokemon. I threw a pokeball and caught the bug. It seemed that whatever medicine they gave to Doge ran out of effect as his energy got back to normal. He fetched me the pokeball and Roto, the rotomdex, told me I caught a cutiefly, I named it Maki Special.

[Image: 44a.gif]

We finally got to the grand trial, but along the way Doge chased another poor pokemon and he didn't stop chasing it until I caught it. So for the trial I have four pokemon in my team; Miming, Doge, Maki Special (cutiefly), and Nabunot (a yellow cheerleading bird). We passed the trial, but Doge and Nabunot fainted in the process. Nabunot was super effective in the trial as she's a flying type but eventually she went down. Doge leered and leered against the two opposing pokemon to setup the win for Miming. I didn't even use Maki Special as I'm gonna trade her to the lady I met in the Pokemon Center. I earned another crystal and a new pose. I was also given something to ride on a tauros.

I left Nabunot and Doge in the pokemon center as they needed more time to recover. I met the lady again and I offer to trade Maki Special. She probably didn't like the name I gave it so she said she'll just catch one herself. She gave me money for the trouble she caused. I left Maki Special with the two as she seems close to Doge.

I was riding tauros, and he seems to be having fun breaking rocks as he charge. I stumbled upon a cave south of our house and in there I caught another pokemon. I named him Roti, meaning bread.

[Image: new_pokemon_otp_by_gurepyon-da5z8e1.png]
by gurepyon

Miming battled against him so I can weaken it before I catch it as Prof taught me. I planned on using Heal Ball so he can recover the damage we dealt. However, he broke through my only Heal Ball and ran. Me and Miming went to chase him but we were in his territory so he easily lost us. I sat for a while to take a break from running as my feet were really tired. I gave Miming some of my Pokebeans and I took out one of my packed sandwich as well. I was surprised when I saw the pokemon I was trying to catch, peering behind a rock. He seemed to be looking intently at my sandwich. I threw a piece to him, and he was startled at first but soon enough he ate it. Well he sniffed it a LOT before he ate it. I threw a few more pieces slowly making him come closer to me. When he got close enough, I readied a pokeball, but that startled him again. I offered him the rest of my sandwich before he ran away and he gladly accepted it. I felt guilty for trying to sneakily catch him and decided to let him go. As I was returning the pokeball to my bag, he licked my hand and pressed his nose against the pokeball. I softly bounced the pokeball on his forehead and this time, he didn't struggle to break free.

It made me realize, that sometimes brute force, and being cunning, isn't always necessary. Sometimes you just need...

[Image: 5752e2c1aa1f450d508425df5b8f6ef22e6ee605...299828.jpg]

We headed back home, because my stomach was complaining and the only food I had with me was pokebeans. I decided I'll go to the next island. I was preparing to rest after a tiring day, but I remembered the trainers that I promised to fight. I rushed outside and rode tauros to the PMC, where Doge ran away this afternoon. When I got there, I saw a berry tree beside it, that I failed to notice before. Under the tree were some berries. When I tried to get collect the berries, I felt a sharp pain in my face and my vision got dark for a few seconds. When I desperately opened my eyes I saw three silhouettes. My eyes were not functioning properly yet, but I could make out Miming and Roti as the red/black and brown silhouettes, but the blue one I had no clue.

Groggily, I threw a pokeball at it and managed to catch it. With little sense of balance I had left, I went inside the center. I was brought in a room and was given a medicine to ease the pain.

So here I am writing what happened as I wait for my x-ray results. I may have missed a few information here and there as my head still hurts. I'm taking a short rest before I go to the trainers I promised to battle. I wonder what pokemon punched me, guess I'll check with Roto.

Real Life Notes

I just noticed, Nurse Joy in Alola looks different from the one in 6th gen. Well slight difference.

Trebol is just a sub as I already decided on my team. The next pokemon on my team is Rockruff and according to my dex, I can find him somewhere in the cave at the south, but it's blocked and I need Tauros. So I want to rush having Tauros, and avoided battling trainers, to avoid Miming being overleveled. By the way I have my settings at Set and Exp share off. I also run away from wild pokemon unless I wanna catch 'em.

I was surprised when I encountered a growlithe, and before I knew it I pressed Y and selected the Pokeball. Turns out, I really love growlithe.

Oh my gamefreak! I really love Team Skull, they're like team rocket in the anime. They thought it's because they switched places, LOLOLOL

I was doing something else when I talked to the girl requesting for cutiefly, so I wasn't able to read her script, I just picked up the keywords, cutiefly, reward, and route 3. When I got to route 3 I caught one, but I didn't really want to use it in my team.

I tried to dodge the trainer battles because I want to get the tauros as fast as i could.

I caught the yellow bird, but I didn't really want to use it in my team. I just caught it so I can complete the different forms. Aaand it turned out, the next trial was fighting types. Although underleveled, Nabunot did great in the trial. Doge was also underleveled so I just spammed leer to soften the totem pokemon. Miming was also underleveled but he oneshots the totem because of the defense drops.

By the way, when I caught the yellow bird, I asked a friend of mine what to name it and he suggested Nabunot. It's quite famous in the 90's back in our country. There were draw lots and the grand prize are dyed chicks. Nabunot means "got picked"

[Image: 7gvwip]

Maki special is after the japanese sushi. We were eating in a japanese restaurant when I caught it and my girlfriend suggested to call it as her favorite sushi. It's not even a fish.

[Image: img_2796.jpg]

When I got tauros, I rushed towards the cave where i can find a rockruff. The first one I saw was a male, which is perfect, and I was afraid to KO it. I tried catching it in full health, a few pokeballs and a heal ball later, I caught him. I wanted to catch him in a heal ball but oh well. Named him after my dog who recently died from canine distemper. That disease doesn't have a cure but it can be prevented by a vaccine. At the time I didn't know such virus existed so for people who has dogs or planning to have one, make sure your furball is vaccinated.

And when I thought the night couldn't get any better, I caught the 3rd pokemon in my team!!!
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Messages In This Thread
Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures - by jouzea - Nov 20, 2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures - by jouzea - Nov 21, 2016, 06:52 AM
RE: Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures - by jouzea - Nov 22, 2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures - by jouzea - Nov 24, 2016, 01:26 AM
RE: Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures - by jouzea - Nov 27, 2016, 10:17 PM
RE: Jouzea's Pokemon Adventures - by jouzea - Dec 8, 2016, 08:33 AM