Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shiny Hunters UNITE!
(Dec 14, 2016, 12:36 PM)DEKU Wrote: So, honestly i have no idea what to write here

Ok, I wanted to Make a thread on General Shiny pokemon Discussion (because I Cannot find one). Um,
I want this to be a place where Shiny hunters can Talk about all things about shiny Pokemon

ex. What Shiny hunting methods are you using
     What game are you shiny hunting on?
     Your failures?  
     Your utter devotion and success?
     How long Its taking you to find that STUPID SHINY MAGIKARP  wonderful Pokemon? 
     And so on

Everyone is invited here.
If you need anything Feel free to PM me!

And remember this is a freindly communiety and manners would be appriciated. Thank you!

Shiny Hunting methods- I've practically used every method there is to date (aside from poke radar or sky encounters, that is STILL my bane to this day no shinies from it neither Angry ) Sos method, friend safari, freaking one encounter accidentals (got a shiny carbink on my moon today Cool ), horde encounters, Masuda Method, dex nav (diving, cave, grass shinies so far), soft reset. Even now encouraged to go full odd shiny hunting on my soulsilver once I get a better copy because the one I have has a tendency to freeze frequently

Games I shiny hunt on- Pokemon X, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, and soon to be soulsilver

Failures- I have 3 fails to date. My #1 was when i had a copy of gbs silver. I was on my way to the pokemon league via tohjo falls and I was about to exit onto kanto. RIGHT as I was about to go outside, boom a shiny golbat Huh this was pretty much my face & didn't give it much thought & being a gullible and naive child I ran away. As soon as I stepped outside I realized what I done and scorned life itself for such a misdeed.

#2 Was on my pokemon X. I was in my friend safari, on the hunt for a shiny shuppet. I was still in the service at this time and was talking to one of my battle buddies. I turn back to my 3ds and BOOM shiny dusclops appears. I was really tense and didn't want to fail a good looking shiny catch & made sure my empoleon had my same sympathy being 30+ levels higher than it. So I go into a metal claw, doesn't crit and JUST made it to exactly half yellow HP. Threw a great ball 2nd turn, didn't get the click... frick. 3rd turn, tosses a ultra ball, pops out on the 3rd roll Undecided REALLY? Here's the show stopper, the mofo curses. CURSES, Dusclops is a ghost type so that means half it's HP is gone right? Right?? RIGHT??? Empoleon had metal clawed it to yellow hp so guess what? That shiny dusclops cursed ITSELF Dusclops Angel -_-
#3 Was on my pokemon platinum. I was just crossing through the mount coronet to get to my first badge and boom a shiny geodude shows it's face. "I didn't want to kill it" was in my mind so I had my butterfree silver wind it... crit AND dead shiny geodude.

Devotion- As any other shiny hunter there is out there. Just gotta buckle down on one method you like to do in particular because just cause you shiny hunt, doesn't mean that your going to have the patience to hunt in every single method that there is to hunt for. Mind in particular are MM, friend safari, diving dex naving, and soft resetting. I'm starting to grow on poke radar & sos method though. The hunt for my shiny smeargle on my Moon was loads of fun and rewarding once it decided to show up Wink

Success- I have over a box full of shinies on my X, halfway on my Alpha Sapphire, and Only just two on my Moon

Most elongated hunt- The longest hunt was for my favorite starter, Totodile. I love totodile to death but this mofo was my longest hunt in any pokemon game I've played to date. I was mesuda methoding for it too and he took no lie.... 5,386 eggs to get. I feel safe to say, I'm staying away from MM method for a LONG TIME. And I mean LOOOONNNNG

Messages In This Thread
Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by DEKU - Dec 14, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by Frost - Dec 14, 2016, 12:41 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by evan68544 - Dec 14, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by YeeDS - Dec 14, 2016, 01:21 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by Unit501 - Dec 14, 2016, 01:53 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by OGaryOak - Dec 14, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by MrRhino - Dec 14, 2016, 03:37 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by wundrweapon - Dec 14, 2016, 04:43 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by 101239 - Dec 14, 2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by Hojunhu - Dec 15, 2016, 06:11 AM
RE: Shiny Hunters UNITE! - by WishingShinyStar - Dec 23, 2016, 12:52 PM