Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] The April Meet & Greet - A Spring In Your Feet!
(Apr 10, 2018, 09:58 AM)ScottyThunder Wrote: I personally just don't like what the series evolved into after the end of the original. It went from a unique martial arts adventure series, full of interesting and dynamic characters, with excellent storytelling and good comedy, to a boring, repetitive narrative more concerned with lasers and aliens than real martial arts. It doesn't help that Toiryama-sensei tried to end the series several times and each time publishers asked him to do more. It just got boring and predictable, and I can't stand a predictable story. Aliens come for dragonballs, heroes beat aliens, someone dies, need dragonballs, aliens show up, beat aliens, someone else dies, blah blah blah and throw in a few transformations for good measure. It makes me sad when I think about it. 

@ScottyThunder This is so true ... and sad  Sad

The same thing happened with the Pokemon anime series ages ago. I loved it as a kid watching the Indigo League and Jotho arcs... but they kept dragging and dragging it forever to the extent that the series are not even watchable anymore. (On the other hand, Pokemon Origins, Generations, and the Strongest Mega Evolution were absolutely great!)
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The April Meet & Greet - A Spring In Your Feet! - by Black Waterfall - Apr 11, 2018, 07:15 AM