Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

First ever doubles VGC 2015 team
Hey everyone, I am just getting my feet wet in competitive play and need feedback on this team that I made. I'm a complete noob at teambuilding so keep that in mind.

I also decided to build a team out of pokemon not commonly seem in competitive play. With over 700 pokemon to choose from I figure there are a lot not given a second look and I feel sad for them.

I also got a lot of help building my team by going to forums such as Pokemon Database, so thank you to those who post movesets for people like me. That said here is the team I built.

[Image: 676.gif]

Furfrou @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Return

Furfrou is there to be a pain in the butt. With Fur Coat and Cotton Guard, Furfrou becomes a very tanky support.
Thunder Wave to throw out some paralysis and Protect for those attacks that also hit party members.
Return is there in case damage is needed to get rid of a hurt pokemon.

[Image: 423-east.gif]

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 144 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Gastrodon is like Swampert only cooler. His ability Storm Drain allows him to redirect water attacks to him and increase his special attack. He is also immune to water attacks.
Because of his similarities to Swampert a lot of the moves are the same, except he can learn Recover which can keep him longer in the game and deal out more damage.

[Image: 435.gif]

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Crunch
- Rock Smash
- Poison Jab

This bulky physical attacker also has the extra bonus of being able to poison his enemies. His item Black Sludge means he can restore some of his health at the end of each turn.
Aftermath can deal some extra damage even after Skuntank is knocked-out so long as the KO was made with a contact move.

[Image: 628.gif]

Braviary @ Sky Plate
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Brave Bird
- Crush Claw
- Tailwind

The all-American pokemon. Like most flying type pokemon he has Brave Bird. But he also has some support with Tailwind and can attack other flying types with Rock Slide. Rock Slide and Crush Claw also go well with his ability Sheer Force which boosts attacks with secondary effects by 1.3x damage and nullifies the effect.

[Image: 668-f.gif]

Pyroar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice

I know, I know. Arcanine is the better version of Pyroar, but Arcanine doesn't have Unnerve, which prevents pokemon from eating berries, popular in double battles. If you are able to keep a pokemon from healing himself, you might have enough time to faint him. Will-O-Wisp goes without saying as does Flamethrower. Dark Pulse can sometimes flinch and Hyper Voice attacks both opposing pokemon.

[Image: 154-f.gif]

Meganium @ Light Clay
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy

Meganium is another all support pokemon able to put up shields and help cure the party's status conditions with Aromatherapy. The only real attack is Leech Seed which is basically just to chip away at the opponent's health.

That's it. Thanks for looking at my team and leaving your suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Messages In This Thread
First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by krystleplaysstuff - Feb 21, 2015, 03:27 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by GiMYz - Feb 22, 2015, 06:59 AM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Marcusube - Feb 22, 2015, 03:00 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Revenant L - Feb 22, 2015, 03:07 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Revenant L - Feb 22, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by GiMYz - Feb 22, 2015, 07:09 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Rogue - Feb 23, 2015, 01:12 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Vexian - Feb 24, 2015, 08:50 AM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Vexian - Feb 24, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Ampfire101 - Dec 22, 2015, 11:30 AM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Ampfire101 - Dec 22, 2015, 11:31 AM