Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

First ever doubles VGC 2015 team
I kinda hate to tell you, but this time really isn't good. The others hit most of the main points already, and while I don't play a lot of VGC, I'm fairly knowledgeable in it, so I can add a little bit, I guess. Your EV spreads are pretty bad. Good VGC players tend to EV their pokemon to survive certain hits, i.e. Putting Sp.Def EV's into a Rotom-Wash to survive a Solarbeam from Charizard-Y.

Second, VGC really isn't about picking Pokemon you like. This team looks more like a UU Singles team. Except for Pyroar back in 2014, I haven't really seen any of those Pokemon you have being used in VGC. But still, Pyroar is pretty outclassed now. You said you like Arcanine; I suggest you replace pyroar with a support oriented Arcanine. As for Braviary, it's not bad, just be careful with it. Meganium is not that great, and it's slow, so you won't get your screens up fast enough. Gastrodon is pretty good, can't knock it, but maybe you can replace it with Milotic. Both are bulky water types and are somewhat similar. Skunktank, I really can't recommend. He's just not that great. Now Furfrou, I know he's your favorite, and yes, he can be an amazing physical tank with cotton guard and his ability fur coat, but it's just not that great.

Now on to Megas. First, Mega Manectric is good, just not the best Mega. You may say you're not interested in the other Megas, but Megas such as M-Kangaskhan, M-Mawile, M-Salamence, M-Charizard Y (sometimes X but less often), M-Gyarados, M-Slowbro, M-Camerupt, and my personal favorite, Mega Lucario, are all very powerful and all very viable, and I cannot stress how helpful it is to at least have a mega on your team. Most VGC Worlds games you see will have both players taking a Mega in, unless the opponents team outs them in a disadvantageous situation. You said you like Gyarados, so maybe go with Mega Gyarados. That thing can tear through the competition if you use it well. Sejun Park used it quite well, so maybe watch some of his matches.

So yeah, this team right now is bad, but Pokemon is all about making innovative new strategies, so let's make this work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by GiMYz - Feb 22, 2015, 06:59 AM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Marcusube - Feb 22, 2015, 03:00 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Revenant L - Feb 22, 2015, 03:07 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Revenant L - Feb 22, 2015, 05:12 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by GiMYz - Feb 22, 2015, 07:09 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Rogue - Feb 23, 2015, 01:12 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Vexian - Feb 24, 2015, 08:50 AM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Vexian - Feb 24, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Ampfire101 - Dec 22, 2015, 11:30 AM
RE: First ever doubles VGC 2015 team - by Ampfire101 - Dec 22, 2015, 11:31 AM