Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] En Guard
(Jul 2, 2015, 08:25 AM)GMX Wrote: I wouldn't rely on the accuracy of Focus Blast to deal with Heatran. Yes, Heatran wins a 1on1 situation but this is exactly what you should avoid: a Heatran vs M-CharY situation. If you see Heatran in Team Preview, don't reveal your M-CharY on first turn, otherwise your opponent will play safe with  Heatran.

A sun boosted Heatwave is so powerful, you should always run it on M-CharY, along with Solar Beam and Flamethrower/Overheat. I can suggest you a bulky spread to survive a Rock Slide from Garchomp, because you don't have Intimidate support to help Charizard for its lack of physical bulk.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 44 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Overheat
- Protect

Basically, it outspeeds a non-scarfed Landorus-T by one point, it survives a Rock Slide from Garchomp, it survives a Choice Specs Draco Meteor from Hydreigon but it can still deal a lot of damage with Heat Wave and Overheat thanks to its fantastic SpA base stat.

Venusaur and Terrakion are fine.

Lum Berry Aegislash + Swagger Thundurus is an interesting momentum switcher and i'm really curious about this. I will test for sure. You are right when you say a bulkier spread on Mental Herb Thundurus would work better and i know that Whimsicott is faster but usually a Sitrus Berry Thundurus can stay on the field for a bit longer to support your team and you won't face a Whimsicott every match, while Thundurus can perform well in most of the matches thanks to its abilities.

For the last slot i would try to use a Modest Swampert with the same EV spreads but in Special Attack.

244+ SpA Swampert Earth Power vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 240-288 (138.7 - 166.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
244+ SpA Swampert Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 204-244 (123.6 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
244+ SpA Swampert Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 184-220 (107.6 - 128.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You won't suffer from opposing Intimidates and you will still get the necessary OHKOs on these threats.

First of all thanks alot for everything. Also for hooking me up with the awesome charizard spread, hope it works great. you mentioned a whimsicott, i also notice alot of thundurus-i mirror-matches in almost every other game, investing alot to win the speed tie can be costly, hence just as for safety i chose mental herb. you again said for heatwave, another reason is to not bring luck into the game as accuracy of also varies and alot of times costs me the game, however i would put h-wave as a test. i would try playing char-y the way you suggested and will hope it helps. the last thing is swampert that i don't understand. is there a reason that special swampert is considered over a physical one? i mean i do have avalanche getting me OHKO'es on lando-t, but choosing to invest in a base 85 offense variant over a base 110 seems quite foolish to me, also i wanted the criteria on the team t balance out the attack variants which are 3x special attackers and 3x physical attackers.

Messages In This Thread
En Guard - by Pokeventurer - Jul 1, 2015, 01:51 PM
RE: En Guard - by GiMYz - Jul 2, 2015, 08:25 AM
RE: En Guard - by Pokeventurer - Jul 2, 2015, 09:51 AM
RE: En Guard - by GiMYz - Jul 2, 2015, 10:20 AM
RE: En Guard - by Pokeventurer - Jul 2, 2015, 11:47 AM
RE: En Guard - by GiMYz - Jul 2, 2015, 12:06 PM