Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Comment or 1000 years of bad luck + Rogue punches you in the face.
Might as well give my own input about certain things about the forum we should want to improve the site better.

1. What keeps you coming to these forums?/What keeps you away?

Well for starters its the hospitality here probably one of the best compared with other sites though I thinks its partially because this is a relatively small community and almost every here knows each other. Every since I joined back almost a year now there has always been someone who have helped me out with either trades/competitive advice or praised something whether its was assisting them with certain mechanics of the game to positive responses from the individual Pokemon analysis I'm currently working on now. Honestly if it wasn't for me looking into this site (which was predominately VGC then) I'd wouldn't have evolved into a moderate double battler and make a switch over from single (currently I'm not interested in that format). As mentioned we should work on continuing to maintain trust between the regulars here and the other newcomers who are are mainly here for trading. Though its not a small thing, most of the people here are usually interested in making trades and seeking out certain Pokemon. The giveaways certainly helped boost the amount of people here though I'd think we need to keep the retention rate relatively high as well by hosting more tournaments (I'll get to that in a bit).

What has kept me away honestly has the been mostly just playing competitively to be have an idea of the VGC metagame and IRL stuff (mainly this for obvious reasons which I won't go in detail). Usually I'm working on other articles or threads on how to use a Pokemon in the VGC format so people can have an idea how to use them like most of the other VGC/Battle Spot Doubles players. I know Nugget Bridge (VGC) and Smogon (singles) are the de-facto areas where players can start competitively its somewhat rather intimidating to ask for some of their members for help as well. I know their staff and community members can help direct new people into the respective threads and forums whoever there are sometimes ....well just a small percentage people who act as either (insert here) or (insert here) to the newcomers for not knowing somethings that's rather obvious. So far I haven't seen anyone shame another newcomer here on the site or be cut-throat about being competitive. Most of the people here share a common interest in either Pokemon, Smash, or other Nintendo-based/Video Game franchises who want to have fun.

I know most of the staff members and regulars (well some of you guys) by now in which we usually are every messing around in designated threads. However people who openly talk down to others regarding lose/lack of knowledge, or just inherently joking around a sensitive issue concerning someone's problem shouldn't be tolerated. Same goes for people who are here to scam other like the "Giveaway" character back in January shouldn't be wasting everyone's time with a puzzle admitting their intentions. If anyone promised a trade to go through, don't be a jerk and take someone else's Pokemon and make multiple accounts here to repeat the same process. I know this is the mods job in rooting out these people though it annoys me a bit when someone malicious does this to others.

2. How do we make this place BETTER?

We for starters, I think we need more Pokemon articles (wink wink) in the forums to add more people with incoming internet traffic. The giveaways should continue on though I have a strange feeling it might decline because well...... (I guess I made my point though not his fault directly). Hosting tournaments other than VGC is another direction we could take so both old and new people can have an equal opportunity to have a chance and win. The No-Legends and Spooky Cup are excellent examples of having a featured formats like at least once per month. To the staff, I could help organize more tournaments here with a grand prize without a certain someone Rolleyes playingso newcomers can win in certain formats I'd advertise. Every once in a while we could host more serious tournaments either VGC or Smogon for the older members and staff can participate with a max off 16 or 32 people in single eliminations. For sure most people mentioned these suggestions as well as explain on other games / formats / pop culture / etc already so I won't elaborate further.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comment or 1000 years of bad luck + Rogue punches you in the face. - by Black117 - Oct 30, 2015, 08:09 PM