Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANNOUNCEMENT] PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary!
I have no favorite moment.

I joined this accursed site as a means to do what I, at the time at least, thought I loved: playing Pokemon.

I began to follow the streamer who called himself "TheJustinFlynn" for advice and guidance on this feigned love.

As I followed him more closely, he began to advertise a website that bore his name.

It never appealed to me, as I chose to fight the long fight to mastery; alone, with only myself to rely on.

However, at a time which I felt that I could succeed in battle, the illusion of opportunity bore its ugly head.

Yes, this same streamer from whom I learned my fundamentals, was hosting an open tournament.

The condition, however, that I failed to understand the consequences of at the time, was that participants must swear their allegiance to the loathsome website by joining its ranks.

I did so regardless, feeling that I could make a strong showing against my 63 other competitors.

However, as the battles waged on, I felt my skills begin to fall flat, as the enemies before me grew all the more ruthless.

In the end, I failed my lone task, and this, friends is where my troubles began.

You see, children, a bitterness grew inside of me that day, and I started to become a different person.

Where I was once amiable and fun, I became bitingly sarcastic and sought chaos.

I noticed myself trapped on the website, trying to make a name for myself where my fighting prowess could not.

I began to barge into streams to which I didn't belong as to make myself known to all who lurk here.

And during my time on the site itself, I found myself with an unrelenting hunger to destroy threads.

Such a hunger could only have grown out of a feeling of the destruction of my pride by the very same website.

And now, months later, I find myself still hopelessly bound to this website, hoping, someday, that I may be able to redeem my past failures in order to, once again, rise to the greatness that is expected of me.

TL;DR: Joined site for a tourney, lost, became bitter, now I ruin threads.

And actually, I change my mind. This is my favorite moment on the forums. (as a callback to this moment)

Messages In This Thread
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Eckley - Nov 15, 2015, 06:01 AM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Rogue - Nov 15, 2015, 12:48 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Eckley - Nov 15, 2015, 01:37 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Reed - Nov 15, 2015, 01:50 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Reed - Nov 15, 2015, 01:45 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Eckley - Nov 15, 2015, 01:53 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by GiMYz - Nov 15, 2015, 07:42 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Rogue - Nov 15, 2015, 08:11 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Wei - Nov 15, 2015, 09:52 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by PKPatriot56 - Nov 16, 2015, 09:02 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by Rogue - Nov 16, 2015, 09:40 PM
RE: PokemonForever's 1 Year Anniversary! - by jouzea - Nov 17, 2015, 06:21 AM