Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] "I'm on Cloud Nine like a-Golduck?" Shedding light on a very useful VGC16 ability.
Great analysis Magnus!

To be honest, I only see Lickilicky being a consistent option in this format and Explosion Lickilicky isn't to be underestimated.

252+ Atk Normal Gem Lickilicky Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 178-211 (88.5 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Okay okay, I'll admit that's a pretty farfetch'd calc because no one would run 252 EVs with an offensive nature on Lickilicky but I do feel that Helping Hand Explosion would be a strong lead option especially if the Helping Hand user resists Explosion or is immune (btw, no Ghost type gets Helping Hand sadly).

Altaria is way better off in its Mega Forme and can't do much in this meta in its normal form other than take Eruptions and Water Spouts really well and do chip damage with Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse. Cloud Nine Fire Blast Altaria can be good for Ferrothorns and Scizors but that's really it for coverage.

Golduck is really more of a gimmick this format because it is slower than what it needs to hit and is frail. All the opponent needs to do is double target it for the kill. I have seen a strategy with Soak Golduck and Bolt Strike Zekrom work though (which is one of the reasons why I think its gimmicky)

Overall, combating this meta with Cloud Nine is a decent option but it's more effective to just take out the Primals with their respective weaknesses. Cloud Nine is more of a reactive than proactive solution to the issue of weather and playing reactive is what makes the metagame boring for players
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I'm on Cloud Nine like a-Golduck?" Shedding light on a very useful VGC16 ability. - by Marcusube - Jan 20, 2016, 08:49 AM