Poll: What do you think of this team?
Little to no issues
Improve the EVs on a couple of these Pokemon
Change/replace at least one member of the team
Sets need to be reconsidered and maybe some Pokemon
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Conquering the Earth: Ray-Ogre + Double Genie Team (VGC 2016)
Two words: Quick Guard.

As much as I two add a Helping Hand user, I don't want this team to rely on double targeting to much (I still count Helping Hand +Move as such). Probably the best solution from @jlegolas is to utilize Lum Berry Scizor with this moveset in replacement of Ferrothorn:

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Feint

To be honest, I've completely underestimated Scizor in this metagame and didn't consider it with all the Quick Guard and Primal Groudon users around. Then I notice Scizor can learn Feint so this alone breaks both Wide Guard, Quick Guard, and all other "Protect" moves. In addition, +2 BP can still OHKO 252 HP Xerneas and can do about 50% to Cresselia and I don't have to worry about Sitrus Berry anymore. This is an offensive Scizor, however this team is already hyper offensive in my opinion. Togekiss might be on the next Pokemon I have to reconsider but so far the team matchup against Xerneas and Quick Guard is far better.

Edit: I'm probably going to keep Sky Drop on Thundurus for a couple key reasons. 1) Thundurus will likely get walled by Raichu / Manetric / other Lightening Rod user. One play I can make is Sky Drop the Raichu and protect my primal Kyogre in hopes the mouse goes for the my legend. Since Thunurus will always under speed Raichu, I can get "one free turn" which Raichu has already attacked and needs cannot attack the following turns because the Sky Drop. Basically what I'm saying is my opponent's Raichu / Manetric cannot attack because its faster than Thundurus. As a result, I can net a KO against Raichu /Manetric with Sky Drop (also breaking the Focus Sash is important as well.

Still I think Taunt might serve the team better but that's probably what testing is for.

PS: A Speed IV of 29 lets me underspeed Min Speed Brave Groudon in Trick Room so I can KO the Cresselia or Goth with Bug Bite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conquering the Earth: Ray-Ogre + Double Genie Team (VGC 2016) - by Black117 - Feb 12, 2016, 06:21 AM