Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] Fantasy Life
I am level 14.

I have a few questions:

I want to max out my Mercenary (First Life) but I am unable to do so because I cannot get to West Grassy Plains or w/e. In order to get there I need more Bliss. Now I have a lot of quests to do to help other people but need to be a certain skill with a certain life.

Anyway what is the easiest way to earn bliss without having to switch into a new life. I want to max out each life first before going onto a new one. Or should I just suck it up, pick a new life, get some bliss and go back to mercenary?
Do butterfly's requests. On the quest menu they are mark with the heart. If you do all of those and then go back to your house and speak to butterfly, it'll check your bliss. When you do that follow the story and new areas will start to be opened. A good way to get additional bliss for bonuses is to work on new Lives. Also, it's most likely going to be very difficult to max out mercenary right away and some skills are really useful. I recommend picking up new lives if only to learn the skills (mining, fishing, woodcutting, ect), but of course it's up to you. The good thing is that you can use all the skills you've learned in other lives, so you wouldn't have to be a miner to actually mine, for example. Woodcutting and mining are useful because you can gather materials when you unlock new areas. Also alchemy is good to know so you can make healing potions and stuff. Oh, and just a note to keep in mind, people with blue question marks will sometimes give you addition quests for more stars. They might also give you an item or become your ally. Have fun playing :D
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
(Jan 30, 2015, 12:23 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: Do butterfly's requests. On the quest menu they are mark with the heart. If you do all of those  and then go back to your house and speak to butterfly, it'll check your bliss. When you do that follow the story and new areas will start to be opened. A good way to get additional bliss for bonuses is to work on new Lives. Also, it's most likely going to be very difficult to max out mercenary right away and some skills are really useful. I recommend picking up new lives if only to learn the skills (mining, fishing, woodcutting, ect), but of course it's up to you. The good thing is that you can use all the skills you've learned in other lives, so you wouldn't have to be a miner to actually mine, for example. Woodcutting and mining are useful because you can gather materials when you unlock new areas. Also alchemy is good to know so you can make healing potions and stuff. Oh, and just a note to keep in mind, people with blue question marks will sometimes give you addition quests for more stars. They might also give you an item or become your ally. Have fun playing :D

Holy cow that's a lot of info haha. Thank you very much this answers my question beyond expectation. I will take this advice and try it out. Thank you again sir! +1 rep coming your way!
(Jan 30, 2015, 09:15 AM)Aerialslayer Wrote: I am level 14.

I have a few questions:

I want to max out my Mercenary (First Life) but I am unable to do so because I cannot get to West Grassy Plains or w/e. In order to get there I need more Bliss. Now I have a lot of quests to do to help other people but need to be a certain skill with a certain life.

Anyway what is the easiest way to earn bliss without having to switch into a new life. I want to max out each life first before going onto a new one. Or should I just suck it up, pick a new life, get some bliss and go back to mercenary?
First question was answered.

Second question, though.
Honestly that's a difficult path. You'll need other Lifes to max out certain ones. Whether you think it adds to the challenge or not, you'll definitely need to switch other lives.

I suggest taking up a non-combative Life as well. You're going for Mercenary so you'll essentially need Vitality and Strength. Go for Mining & Blacksmithing, as those skills both use Strength and Vitality. You get to craft your own swords and armor. Crafting items are wayyy better than just buying some set.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
(Jan 30, 2015, 05:27 PM)Skarric Wrote:
(Jan 30, 2015, 09:15 AM)Aerialslayer Wrote: I am level 14.

I have a few questions:

First question was answered.

Second question, though.
Honestly that's a difficult path. You'll need other Lifes to max out certain ones. Whether you think it adds to the challenge or not, you'll definitely need to switch other lives.

I suggest taking up a non-combative Life as well. You're going for Mercenary so you'll essentially need Vitality  and Strength. Go for Mining & Blacksmithing, as those skills both use Strength and Vitality. You get to craft your own swords and armor. Crafting items are wayyy better than just buying some set.

I was actually able to play through the entire main story as just a mercenary! I also wanted to max out one life before moving on to the next! If you just plan on just playing through the storyline, sticking as a mercenary is fine, but if you are hoping to max lives out and do extra stuff I'd recommend getting experience in other lives as well! Because now I'm in a really awkward part of the game where I only have mercenary experience and I really wish I leveled up other stuff. Skarric's suggestions are definitely smart choices!!
Yeah I managed to get further through the story with my Mercenary which I am happy about but I was also looking at doing mining and blacksmithing very soon. I just hate not maxing something out before I move on to a new life. But I will suck it up and try it out! Haha. Since I was able to get further I am even more in love with this game! Thank you all for the suggestions and advice.