Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] Fantasy Life
cool :D i really love the game, the story helps you advance through areas, but take your time :3
Yeah, I've been having fun trying out all of the different life's, but soon I realized that I just couldn't get the materials I needed to actually progress with them further, so back to the main story it is. At least until I unlock some new areas
Some Lifes(?) actually need some materials made/part of a quest of another life. It maximizes the uses of the other Lifes. Friendly tip: keep on mining deposits and chopping trees, there us a quest that requires yo yo chop/mine 500 times which is such a pain ==" it helps that you'll able to do it as you progress through the story Smile
I really want to get this but still somewhat on the fence about it. Can someone explain to me what it is exactly? I keep hearing Animal Crossing mixed with RPG elements. Can you be more specific? Smile
(Dec 29, 2014, 09:25 AM)Aerialslayer Wrote: I really want to get this but still somewhat on the fence about it. Can someone explain to me what it is exactly? I keep hearing Animal Crossing mixed with RPG elements. Can you be more specific? Smile

Well, in my opinion, it's closer to a fantasy RPG. It has some Animal Crossing elements in it, such as the graphics and the ability to customize your home, but most of the game is focused on obtaining a "Life" which the game revolves around. There's a main story that you obviously need to follow to progress, and you also have little side quests you can perform for other NPCs around the world.

That's the best I can do to explain it without revealing too much. I'd say to focus more on the RPG elements, like magic, monsters, and alchemy and such as oppose to the Animal Crossing elements since they aren't that huge. Maybe look at some screenshots to see what I mean. Anyway, I think this game is extremely fun and you should definitely get it if you are a fan of fantasy RPGs (or even if you're not)! Let me know if you want more info! Smile
(Dec 29, 2014, 08:20 PM)lordofthecats Wrote:
(Dec 29, 2014, 09:25 AM)Aerialslayer Wrote: I really want to get this but still somewhat on the fence about it. Can someone explain to me what it is exactly? I keep hearing Animal Crossing mixed with RPG elements. Can you be more specific? Smile

Well, in my opinion, it's closer to a fantasy RPG. It has some Animal Crossing elements in it, such as the graphics and the ability to customize your home, but most of the game is focused on obtaining a "Life" which the game revolves around. There's a main story that you obviously need to follow to progress, and you also have little side quests you can perform for other NPCs around the world.

That's the best I can do to explain it without revealing too much. I'd say to focus more on the RPG elements, like magic, monsters, and alchemy and such as oppose to the Animal Crossing elements since they aren't that huge. Maybe look at some screenshots to see what I mean. Anyway, I think this game is extremely fun and you should definitely get it if you are a fan of fantasy RPGs (or even if you're not)! Let me know if you want more info! Smile

That sounds awesome! I was always interested in it but that definitely peaked it. I think I am going to pick this up!
I picked this game up just yesterday. At the beginning I had mixed feelings for it, but I gave it a chance and honestly I think it is a pretty good game. It is really addicting. I also really like some of the humor the game has to offer. I have not gone too far into the story (only on chapter 3) mainly because I get sidetracked by side quests. I have not gone into the multiplayer yet, but I might after I unlock more areas.
This thread has almost convinced to me to get this game. Some background: I like the Final Fantasy series, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon. Is it worth picking up new/used at Gamestop?
I almost wasn't going to get it because of how similar I thought it might be to other games I have, but I'm really glad I got it. If you want to spend your life collecting dandelion puffs you can, but there's so much to do and fight and explore and make! It's really fun and there are tons of quests you can do apart from the main story. If you like Animal Crossings it'll be great for you in the collecting aspect, but there's still even more to it than that. It's definitely worth picking up. :D
Don't forget when you purchase dlc you will no longer be able to play with people who don't own it. By the way do you guys know about the special code phrases you put in at the post office? You get cool gear like a dragon suit and items for your house. I will post them if anyone needs them...just let me know : ]