Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening
(Feb 4, 2015, 06:59 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: who was everyone's waifu?

Tharja is best waifu B)
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Feb 3, 2015, 07:27 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Jan 31, 2015, 03:16 PM)koroX Wrote: I got the game a few days ago, and it is pretty fun. This is my first tactical RPG and therefore I play it in the easy mode, or whatever it is called (without perma death). After I play through it I plan to replay it in the harder difficulty.

How many hours did it take you guys to beat it?

About 27 hours my first time through (including recruiting all the characters, no DLC, no grinding), but I'm not new to the FE series by any means and didn't really put much into supports in my initial run through since I just wanted to see my options. I'd guess more like 30-40 hours for casual play, even more if you go for supports and grinding. On Lunatic+ I have well over 80 hours clocked because of all the grinding and strategic support building. You can definitely get a lot out of it, especially with the DLC missions added on.

Wow, that is much longer than I thought. Any advice for a noob like me? I have improved slightly since I wrote that last post, but it is not rare that one of the characters gets killed, and I feel so dumb every time.
You know I realised I recognised Lucina's voice from somewhere else and the voice actor is in LOADS of other games and anime like Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. I recognised her from Saints Row 3/4 as 'Female voice 1'.
The voice actor is Laura Bailey if anyone is interested, her filmography list is extensive, £10 to someone who hasn't played a game or watched an anime/cartoon on that list :P
(Feb 4, 2015, 06:59 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: who was everyone's waifu?

When I played through the first time, Chrom. I wasn't really sure how supports would work out. The second time I played through as male and went with Nah because dragons kappa
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
(Jan 31, 2015, 03:16 PM)koroX Wrote: I got the game a few days ago, and it is pretty fun. This is my first tactical RPG and therefore I play it in the easy mode, or whatever it is called (without perma death). After I play through it I plan to replay it in the harder difficulty.

I can't remember how long it took me to beat the first time through (I believe it was around 30-40 hours), but in my current file I started up I'm working on a street pass team and I have over 100 hours put in already kappa

As for some advice:
You aren't on Classic mode, so use the fact that characters can die to you advantage. You can sacrifice some characters to give others a better chance at making it through a turn. If you're worried about putting healers in danger you can hit the X button to bring up all of the spaces where an enemy can attack you. If you select specific enemies with A you can see where they can attack, useful if there's an archer or wind mage and you have Pegasus units.
If you're worried about being under levelled, you can buy a few reeking boxes at chapter 13 (and also at chapter 2 or 3 I think. I always buy mine at 13 kappa) to summon an enemy and get a few levels. I sometimes send out the unit I'm working on by themselves so they gain all the exp. This is also an easy way to make cash since you're guaranteed at least 1000 G in return and the boxes cost 500.
Also, the skills that your characters have (although they won't stop you from beating the game) can really make it easier. The skill Galeforce allows you to attack again after beating an enemy on your turn, for example. This is a Dark Flier skill, so Pegasus knights have the opportunity to learn it. Donnel and Gaius can also open that chain to their children if they marry someone who wouldn't normally have access to the chain (ex marrying one of them to Tharja allows Noire to be a Pegasus knight). Skills like Aegis and Pavise are useful too because when they are run together they can half most of the damage that would be done to your unit. If you're interesting in skills, it's worth noting that skills are passed to children. The skill that the child will receive is the one in the last slot.
Another great way to keep units alive is to raise their support level with each other. If you can bring most units to an A rank with each other, the chances of them protecting one another and stopping each other from taking damage goes up.
Finally, when I started playing, this website was my best friend for a long time kappa
http://serenesforest.net/awakening/
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
I heard rumours about a Fire Emblem Awakening anime ages ago but I haven't heard anything in the last few years I was wondering if anyone else has heard of anything about it or if they were just rumours?
(Feb 7, 2015, 07:57 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: I heard rumours about a Fire Emblem Awakening anime ages ago but I haven't heard anything in the last few years I was wondering if anyone else has heard of anything about it or if they were just rumours?

I've heard the rumors. I know there's an OVA for one of the games (Mystery of the Emblem, I believe). Awakening would have a great story for an anime so I hope they weren't just rumors.
(Feb 7, 2015, 08:24 AM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: I've heard the rumors. I know there's an OVA for one of the games (Mystery of the Emblem, I believe). Awakening would have a great story for an anime so I hope they weren't just rumors.

I've heard of that anime too, apparently its not half bad, but it's also incomplete. I'm not a big fan of Marth so I probably will never watch it, but Awakening's story is soo good, I hope it gets Anime-fied :P
(Feb 7, 2015, 07:54 AM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote:

I can't remember how long it took me to beat the first time through (I believe it was around 30-40 hours), but in my current file I started up I'm working on a street pass team and I have over 100 hours put in already kappa

As for some advice:
You aren't on Classic mode, so use the fact that characters can die to you advantage. You can sacrifice some characters to give others a better chance at making it through a turn. If you're worried about putting healers in danger you can hit the X button to bring up all of the spaces where an enemy can attack you. If you select specific enemies with A you can see where they can attack, useful if there's an archer or wind mage and you have Pegasus units.
If you're worried about being under levelled, you can buy a few reeking boxes at chapter 13 (and also at chapter 2 or 3 I think. I always buy mine at 13 kappa) to summon an enemy and get a few levels. I sometimes send out the unit I'm working on by themselves so they gain all the exp. This is also an easy way to make cash since you're guaranteed at least 1000 G in return and the boxes cost 500.
Also, the skills that your characters have (although they won't stop you from beating the game) can really make it easier. The skill Galeforce allows you to attack again after beating an enemy on your turn, for example. This is a Dark Flier skill, so Pegasus knights have the opportunity to learn it. Donnel and Gaius can also open that chain to their children if they marry someone who wouldn't normally have access to the chain (ex marrying one of them to Tharja allows Noire to be a Pegasus knight). Skills like Aegis and Pavise are useful too because when they are run together they can half most of the damage that would be done to your unit. If you're interesting in skills, it's worth noting that skills are passed to children. The skill that the child will receive is the one in the last slot.
Another great way to keep units alive is to raise their support level with each other. If you can bring most units to an A rank with each other, the chances of them protecting one another and stopping each other from taking damage goes up.
Finally, when I started playing, this website was my best friend for a long time kappa
http://serenesforest.net/awakening/

Wow, thanks I appreciate it.
naitre is right about reclassing, some of the roles the chacters are put into really limit your options, or if you have a bunch of the same class it can limit your team as a whole (which is a shame because I find that the way I build quite a few of my units makes them great as a hero, but I don't want to have am excessive amount. The struggle is real). Of course you can add more diversity by switching up skills. If you're stuck on finding a build for a specific character or who to pair with who, I can help you out a bit there.