Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] *NEW* 3DS XL HYPE
(Jan 22, 2015, 09:44 AM)Skarric Wrote: From /r/3DS:

The NN3DS is pretty much double the power from the original 3DS. It's a new Quad Core processor, with one dedicated to running the OS, really making for a better, and faster, transition to the home menu from inside games.

The RAM and VRAM is also greatly improved for multitasking, such as reaching MiiVerse from inside Smash Bros. or other games.

New 3DS Specs:
ARM11 MPCore Quad Core @ 268MHz (one reserved for OS) – Quad Core VFPv2 Co-Processor (vector processors) – 256MB FCRAM – 10MB VRAM
– Dedicated Hardware Video Decoder. Memory 256MB with 64MB dedicated for the OS, 10 MB VRAM

Original 3DS Specs:
Dual-Core ARM11 MPCore, single-core ARM9 Memory: 128 MB FCRAM, 6 MB VRAM

Wow thanks for the stats. It is a big difference. One question. You probably can but are you able to buy a much bigger micro SD card for the new 3DS?
Yes... infact I bought a micro sd card to get ready for the new 3ds which came with an adapter so I could start using it right away. Only 14.99 for 16gb class 4 which for me is plenty, but if your the the type that buys full retail games on the eshop I would suggest 32gb or higher.
(Jan 23, 2015, 08:24 PM)Pokélander Wrote: Yes... infact I bought a micro sd card to get ready for the new 3ds which came with an adapter so I could start using it right away. Only 14.99 for 16gb class 4 which for me is plenty, but if your the the type that buys full retail games on the eshop I would suggest 32gb or higher.

wish I thought that far ahead
It was a must lol... I just ran out of space on my 4 gb card around Nov-Dec, Pheonix Wright DD and Inazuma Eleven going on sale ended up in the memory usage spilling over onto my original 3ds 2 gb card. Needless to say its a pain to have to switch sd cards all the time. Whats really weird is that somehow in a month I have managed to use up 9gb out of the 16 already and 5gb of that took me 3 years to fill up. The last 7 gb should last me until the end of the 3ds life cycle as long as Ironfall remains under 2 gb.
I'm not that into having digital copies of games unless I obviously get them for free (like mario kart promo) or demos and stuff like that. I think in the 3 years of having my last XL I filled up 1.96GB of my 4GB SD.
Yeah Im not crazy about digital copies either, but between 360 and 3ds there have been a boat load of games that I just had to have. Games like Scott Pilgrim, Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight and Shantae are simply too good to pass up just because they are digital games. Would I love to own a physical copy of these games... YES, but unfortunatly this is the medium of tomorrow.

However I think its a total waste of money to spend 30-40 dollars on a digital copy of say Luigi's Mansion when you could have A. Bought it on sale new, or B. Bought it used for considerably less, not to mention at the end of the day you got a game you can put in your collection and sit on as an investment.
Let me know if it's any better then the origanal 3dsxl, I could use a new 3ds
(Jan 27, 2015, 07:30 AM)JackTheRapidash Wrote: Let me know if it's any better then the origanal 3dsxl, I could use a new 3ds

It's better.
Downloads are SO much quicker, I had to redownload Shovel Knight, and Poke Bank, and all the pokemon and smash updates, and wallpapers etc.
I can tell you, it is so much quicker. Downloaded in just less than a minute for me and I remember it look maybe 2 or three on my old 3ds, logging on to eshop is quick, loading games and getting on to the homescreen is quicker. Even something as simple as loading up Mii Plaza is quicker!
Plus dat c-stick. Dat c-stick makes smash so much better...so much better.
So yeah, It's better.
It's definitely better no questions. Cannot wait. Bonus check better come on the 13th is all I can say :P.
After gamming for 24 years I have developed a 6th sense for quality games and hardware. The last game I regret buying was Brink, which in my defense is not a terrible game just a poorly executed one, there was cleary mismanaging going on there.

Anyways the New 3ds will be hands down worth the 200 if your a 3ds lover. Ill give you my top reasons why to buy one.

-Stable 3d
-Increased Volume over XL
-C Stick/Zr Zx buttons
-Replaced Start/Select buttons/ Volume Slider
-Faster Processor
-Exclusive Games

I have a huge feeling that a Fps Metroids coming thats going to be a New 3ds exclusive and to all the nay sayers that say first person shooters can't be percise because of the C-Stick...thats what sticky targeting is for : ]