Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] *NEW* 3DS XL HYPE
Ahh I see thanks aerialslayer!
#TeamForum

it's kind of annoying. I'm in love with my pikachu 3dsXL part of me is happy to get the new hardware, but then another part of me feels REALLY bad about putting pikachu in a drawer somewhere where he ony comes out so I can evolve scyther or machoke or whatever #goodnightsweetprince
(Jan 12, 2015, 08:46 PM)AutumnDaze Wrote: So apparently there is a rumor spreading around the internet that supposedly Gamestop leaked the release for the New New (lol) 3DS for North America. Supposedly it was February 2015, but I didn't see an actual date associated with it. So now begins the "Should I buy or wait until there MIGHT be a Majora's Mask bundle/special version" pains, at least for me anyway

You guys! All of my dreams have come true.

Well, my dream for this week. LOL
woaw what? have these two different pages been smushed together?...weird. #
ANYWAY I got a NEW3DSXL if anyone is interested. It's pretty damn sleak with a few things moved around. The device itself is still the same size as the old 3DSXL looking down at it, but it is slightly thinner, if anyone is worried about that, however the screens are slightly bigger than the old XL. The weight is about the same I'd say.
The C-stick isn't what I expected (in a good way), it's a bit of rubber that pokes up but it's touch sensitive which kind of makes sense. It's small size wouldn't suit the same sliding design of the other direction stick. Good one nintendo!
The volume control is now much less sensitive and is now located on the same side as it was but on the flip lid (opposite the 3D slider which is still in the same place).
Power button is sadly still a button and is now located on the front side (as is the stylus and the game card slot), and the start and select buttons have taken it's place next to the bottom screen.
The loading time is amazingly fast for smash! and I can't wait for my exams to finish and take this baby online and get me some glory while there are scrubs with the regular 3DS Kappa haha, just kidding, but I can't tell you how great this thing looks.
It doesn't come with a charger as most of you know, but it comes with another set of AR cards and some simple set up instructions. but meh who cares about that. If you guys have questions feel free to ask away if there are any features you want me to try out? Smile
I forget to give mention to the 3D. It rocks, and I have really poor focusing reflexes in my eyes so the 3D used to mess me up really bad on the other consoles. This one works really well, for a feature I wasn't to fussed about it's actually surprising how much better it looks. My favourite thing to watch in 3D was in OoT3D when you played a song on the ocarina and you'd get swirling Doctor Who vortex like patterns in the song cutscene... So pretty :3 I'm looking forward to seeing it in MM3D too Smile
That is what I'm mostly debating about when I think on getting it. If the 3D is as great as you say I'll probably go grab it in Frebruary. Thank You! Heart
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

(Jan 21, 2015, 05:30 AM)Evyii Wrote: That is what I'm mostly debating about when I think on getting it. If the 3D is as great as you say I'll probably go grab it in Frebruary. Thank You! Heart

The 3D is still the same amplitude and everything but the new eye-following software really makes it more usable.
I was already going to get this 100% no matter what but reading this I am now it's at about 120%! Lol.
update for those who care: It has literally taken me 3 hours to transfer my SD data from my old XL to the new. The new XL not only uses a microSD card (so you can't just switch the cards) it is hidden underneath the bottom cover of the device (just behind the charging inlet) and to remove the cover requites screwdrivers. So the process required me to go through System Settings>Data management>microSD card management and then transfer the SD data from my old SD card onto the computer and then via local wireless to the new XL. This was a nightmare for me because not only does the transfer take a long time (roughly 30 minutes) it went wrong the first time so I had to do it again... Fudging Nintendo. And then I had to redownload all my home screen themes and virtual console games etc. it took a loooooong time but the device is fully finally operational.
From /r/3DS:

The NN3DS is pretty much double the power from the original 3DS. It's a new Quad Core processor, with one dedicated to running the OS, really making for a better, and faster, transition to the home menu from inside games.

The RAM and VRAM is also greatly improved for multitasking, such as reaching MiiVerse from inside Smash Bros. or other games.

New 3DS Specs:
ARM11 MPCore Quad Core @ 268MHz (one reserved for OS) – Quad Core VFPv2 Co-Processor (vector processors) – 256MB FCRAM – 10MB VRAM
– Dedicated Hardware Video Decoder. Memory 256MB with 64MB dedicated for the OS, 10 MB VRAM

Original 3DS Specs:
Dual-Core ARM11 MPCore, single-core ARM9 Memory: 128 MB FCRAM, 6 MB VRAM
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks