Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] plz recommend animes (SHONEN ONLY)
Code Geas is good when it comes to action/strategy. Cowboy Bebop is a classic. Accel world is a pretty good anime. Blood lad is funny, if a bit short. Durarara is pretty good, it's not all action but the mystery and story are really good....if not a bit convoluted. Stein's;Gate is a really really good sci-fi anime, if not really shonen action. Samurai 7 came out a while ago but has aged really well I think. "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" is kinda like SAO and Magi combine and if you ask me it's better than either of the two. Outlaw star is another sci-fi classic with lots of action. "Gate - Thus the JSDF fought there" is also pretty good. And I know a lot of people din't like it but I still think Tokyo Ravens is really good.
Steins gate was awesome, but you can tell it's made after the Visual Novel.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
true enough but that doesn't really detract from how awesome it is, specially seein' as how I saw the anime first xD

Edit: Also adding "Strike the blood" for a good series, as well as "Seven deadly sins" or Nanazu no Taizai. I also personally really loved "the braves of six flowers" though I might be one of the few....And while we're on last core, "The Heroic Tale of Arslan" was pretty good.
(Oct 9, 2015, 06:43 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2015, 06:31 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Toriko
Is that the one about the blue haired food hunter guy? I've been meaning to give that a try too

Yes and really wish funimation would dub more eps
pretty late but if your still looking for good shounen anime to watch Katekyo Hitman Reborn is pretty good
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
Oregairu, one of the most interesting slice of life anime
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

(Oct 9, 2015, 07:08 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2015, 06:43 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Oct 9, 2015, 06:31 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Toriko
Is that the one about the blue haired food hunter guy? I've been meaning to give that a try too

Yes and really wish funimation would dub more eps

I have now watched about thirty episodes of Toriko and would deff recommend it.

Also. ONE PUNCH MAN
Ermergerd sergnercher
(Oct 9, 2015, 04:31 PM)Drangor2 Wrote: One piece is getting very interesting, the first episodes are bad but after 200 episodes it becomes epic, if you like Bleach, i reccomend Yu yu Hakusho, old but epic, about a boy who is similiar to ichigo but a little more ''funny'', also Gintama watch episodes til 100, a guy with a sword, serious, funny, in the serious battles the main protagonist has a epic feeling, also Fairy tail if you haven't yet see.  D gray man also a very good anime with a boy that is in search of his master/sensei. And will get a lot of friends, some are ones that are unexpected.

Not sure they were bad but the action does pick up during Water 7. (I think that is around the 200 mark?) The early arcs are a bit on the goofy side and I think people thought the Alabaster arc was too long but that was pretty fun. I think were getting to the next arc tonight on Toonami.
Give Psycho Pass a try, especially season 1. Smile
The characters' development throughout is pretty interesting, not to mention the plot twists.
I would also recommend Strike the Blood, Mahouka, Sword Art Online, and Attack on Titan if you haven't seen any of these yet.
Gurren Lagann
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Kill La Kill
FLCL
Code Geass
Attack on Titan
Evangelion (the 90s show or the films they're both worth a watch!)
Log Horizon (It's like Sword Art Online but it's actually good :P)
Psycho Pass
Ghost in the Shell (the movie)

If you're getting tired of DBZ's filler arcs but like the premise, I'd suggest Dragon Ball Z Kai. It's the same story but they cut out fillers to make it accurate to the manga. It's really good!

and honorable mentions to:

Steins;Gate, although it isn't a Shonen it is FANTASTIC. I too prefer action over drama but Steins;Gate is a sci-fi time travelling story.

Baccano! again not a Shonen though has blood and guts and stuff. It starts slow too but it really is enjoyable once you get to episode 4. It's a bit like Pulp Fiction in the sense that the story is hidden by a strange rearrangement of the chapters.

And the classic.... Death Note
Death Note definitely isn't a Shonen but it's just a must watch. It's very gripping and quite dark.

Hope these have been useful Smile