Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Any suggestions for this team to improve?
Hello together, i´m new to the competitive battles (about one week) and i created my first team. I think its quite balanced but tell me what you think about it.
This Team is meant to be played as 1on1.
What are the biggest weaknesses? what would u change in terms of EVs and movesets?
Feel free to add something if you want!

Thanks for helping!

Milotic:
Nature: Modest
EVs: HP: 76; Defense: 172; SpAtk: 252;  Spd: 8
Ability: Competitive
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Recover; Icebeam; Surf; Hiddenpower Grass

Dragonite:
Nature: Adamant
EVs: HP: 252; Atk: 104; Def:96; SpDef: 56
Ability: Multiscale
Item: Weakness Policy
Moveset: Dragondance; Roost; Outrage; Extreme Speed

Mega-Altaria:
Nature: Adamant
EVs: HP: 236; Atk:104; Def:16; SpDef:136; Spd:16
Ability: Cload Nine / Pixilate
Item:Altarianite
Moveset: Roost; Return; Earthquake; Healbell

Magnezone:
Nature: Modest
EVs: HP: 128; SpAtk: 252; Spd: 128
Ability: Magnetpull
Item: Airballon
Moveset: Magnetrise; Thunderbolt; Flash Canon; Hidden Power Fire

Tentacruel:
Nature: Calm
EVs: HP: 252; Def: 136; SpDef: 116; Spd: 4
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Item: Black Sludge
Moveset: Rapid Spin; Toxic Spikes; Sludge Wave; Acidspray

Scizor:
Nature: Impish
EVs: HP: 248; Atk:44; Def:16; SpDef:200
Ability: Technian
Item: Life Orb
Moveset: Roost; Swordsdance; Bullet Punch; U-turn
The current competitive scene is heavily reliant on Primals and legendaries, so without them you might be at a serious disadvantage.

That being said, if you're new to competitive just give your current team a shot and have fun taking notes on what opponents like to do, how they set up their pokemon, movesets, ect.

Also, the main thing I noticed is that you don't have protect on anything. That's a huge problem in doubles since you often need to play mind games with your opponent, or delay a pokemon from fainting.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
@Justin yes thank u for the feedback!
Which Of these Pokemon should carry Protect?
In my opinion it kinda destoys the game if everyone has 6 legendaries, but since i saw a video of a guy who rapes rayquaza, Groudon and a kyogre with a magikarp, i believe it will be fine if practise a bit. :D
@Justin "This Team is meant to be played as 1on1."

The team is pretty good. I would suggest switching one of Milotic or Tentacruel, as you don't need two waters. Same with Scizor and Magnezone. I'd suggest replacing Magnezone with Weavile, and Tentacruel with a different spinner/defogger. If the spinner ends up being physical, maybe try special Altaria?
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
Drop Milotic and Scizor. Run Specs Analytic Magnezone with Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch and Hidden Power Fire. As for Milotic and Scizor, I'd replace the two for Zard-Y and Excadrill. Not sure how I feel about Tentacruel on this team or Mega Altaria seeing as how there are better options. I'd honestly use Slowbro and Clefable instead of these two. Also for EV spreads, run more generic 252/252 spreads since this is singles after all so complex EVing isn't really necessary.
(Aug 16, 2016, 12:44 PM)squeab Wrote: @Justin "This Team is meant to be played as 1on1."

Oops, thanks for pointing that out! yeah probably don't need protect unless you have a status/stall mon.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv