Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] ****IMPORTANT MUST-READ before submitting a build ****
Hello, This is z2porygon, lurker of the forums.

First, I like to say something extremely important.

MAKE SURE THAT POKEMON DOES NOT HAVE A BUILD ALREADY

Exceptions:
  • Different spread (probably not the best reason)
  • Change in metagame (such as Charizard-y - vgc 2014 v vgc 2015)
  • Different set/style (like physical attacking kangaskhan v special attacking kangaskhan Kappa)
  • Mega v non-mega pokemon

Many times people don't use the pokemon build search tab to find pokemon builds.

It is better to combine the builds you have with someone else and have one giant thread of build than 2 or 3 of some the same stuff.

For example, if you type arcanine in the pokemon build search, you get 3 different builds.

Let's not have 50 builds of surkern ok  KappaHD.

Also read all of the excellent comments below.
I mean as long as the set is different and not a carbon-copy it should be fine but i get what you mean, like z2 said just use the "Pokemon Builds" button on top to see if the pokemon already has a set Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I think a good example of this is the mega gardevoir build thread.
I'd would just exempt people who are making Pokemon sets that are outdated like the Mega Charizard Y which is oriented for VGC 2014 and not the current format right now. Course the EV spread featured is somewhat concurrent to potentially living a Rock Slide from Garchomp at least but isn't in use currently. For those who want to post a build, just search the particular set to see someone has done it and if you have a certain spread/set then comment on the appropriate thread.
How does Mega variants of Pokemon fit in? There is already a regular Garchomp post, but would Mega Garchomp count as a separate entity?
(Oct 4, 2015, 05:23 PM)Delta Wrote: How does Mega variants of Pokemon fit in? There is already a regular Garchomp post, but would Mega Garchomp count as a separate entity?

Yes

Stats and abilities are different. Plus, the way you play mega-garchomp is completey different from normal garchomp.

(Oct 4, 2015, 05:29 PM)naitre Wrote: Yes. For the most part, megas utilize different roles and EV spreads than their non-mega variants.

This is what happens when you forget to refresh. Kappa
Well then. I have to work on posting my godly Mega Garchomp build.
Yeah like that time when I made a Gastrodon build and then Anime made one later, it still worked out because he did things differently. I honestly think it's fine to have multiple sets for the same Pokemon because there really is no "be-all, end-all" build for anything, so to have multiple builds for a given Pokemon only makes it easier for someone to find the build that works for them or their specific team.

And plus I love Anime, so I can't get mad at him for doing a Gastrodon build too.

Now if it were Eckley or naitre on the other hand... Kappa
(Oct 4, 2015, 05:51 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: Yeah like that time when I made a Gastrodon build and then Anime made one later, it still worked out because he did things differently. I honestly think it's fine to have multiple sets for the same Pokemon because there really is no "be-all, end-all" build for anything, so to have multiple builds for a given Pokemon only makes it easier for someone to find the build that works for them or their specific team.

And plus I love Anime, so I can't get mad at him for doing a Gastrodon build too.

Heart
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Oct 4, 2015, 05:51 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: And plus I love Anime, so I can't get mad at him for doing a Gastrodon build too.

We don't need you PK. Who even are you?