Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] Got Coil Requirement to vote on the Greninja Suspect
Just as the title mentions, I finally my coil at 2700 to vote on the Greninja suspect test  (first time doing this). It took about 67 battles (47 wins and 20 losses) to get the requirements (at 2707.4). At first, I was really on the fence about whether Greninja was a potential suspect until I realized how both gunk shot and low kick transformed the frog into a formidable mix attacker. Blessed with its a trollish yet superb  122 base speed and amazing ability in protean, an adaptive yet versatile movepool (hydro pump, dark pulse, gunk shot, ice beam, extrasensory, HP fire/grass, and low kick), its definitely difficult to revenge kill this mon without having something get sacked off.  That's pretty much where I lean on at the moment so feel free to comment on the matter if you want.

(Disclaimer: This only applies to those following Smogon rules as they do only enforce these rules on the PS servers and tournament play. Anyone is free to use Greninja in their cartridge games on any Nintendo/VGC formats and if all participating players agree not to follow Smogon tiers in an upcoming battle.)

[Image: 10881625_661618923946488_440946567691863...e=554494A4]
Personally, I think Greninja should've been banned a long time ago because Protean is OP especially with such versatile movepool, and good stats, the latter of which a Protean Kecleon lacks.

Also, how has it taken you 100 posts to get Trusted User when I'm not even close at 420?
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
Interesting. I definitely agree that Greninja should have been banned ages ago. And that's coming from someone who uses him regularly.
(Dec 31, 2014, 10:37 PM)thewasher19 Wrote: Personally, I think Greninja should've been banned a long time ago because Protean is OP especially with such versatile movepool, and good stats, the latter of which a Protean Kecleon lacks.

Also, how has it taken you 100 posts to get Trusted User when I'm not even close at 420?

Pretty sure it's cause they have more rep?

And I agree Greninja should have been banned a loooong time ago. I hate going up against him but LOVE using him. Dat speed is ridiculous. ;_;
I agree. There is no pokemon that can deal with all of his sets, and Greninja is just overflowing with viable moves -- all of which he gets STAB on. Who cares about how mad verlisify gets Kappa , let's give this frog the banhammer.
prior to the move tutors greninja was versatile but it had answers now you need to work out its 4 stab moves which give it near perfect coverage to know what check/counter is safe to use. Therefore it falls into the same trap as mega lucario its too versatile for its own good and as a result causes major teambuilding issues at the top tiers.

whether its ban worthy or not i don't really know i side on no but i didn't approve with the m lucario ban or the mega mawille ban so i've never really cared about the top tier pokemon.
(Jan 1, 2015, 04:20 PM)evilsabre Wrote: prior to the move tutors greninja was versatile but it had answers now you need to work out its 4 stab moves which give it near perfect coverage to know what check/counter is safe to use. Therefore it falls into the same trap as mega lucario its too versatile for its own good and as a result causes major teambuilding issues at the top tiers.

Yeah but Mega Lucario can get one hit easily while Greninja cannot
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
yea but washer he doesn't need to 1 hit since in singles swapping in means if he can 2hko with the correct prediction he will ko your switch before you can act