Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 evils team 1
lol really wasn't expecting a comment you to comment on my throwaway team justin XD

but yea i've had the experience in singles with constantly toying with teams and finding issues so i'm not new to the experience in that regard but doubles is just a whole different game XD
Read my Garchomp post and change your build. Any half decent player knows how to beat the standard Garchomp and I can tell you from experience no one runs that Garchomp right now because of how easy it is to stop in vgc currently
Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/jediverrilli

Saturday November 5th is Extra Life day. I will be streaming for 24 hours starting at 12:30pm

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuse...tID=232041 if you wish to donate.
Jedi no offense but i don't really like you build since i prefer speed over power especially for garchomp if i waned to use a slower chomp i would just use the mega since its power is insane and has better bulk to support it going more defensive in the build. A simple change from rocky helmet to yache berry would allow me to deal with mega manetric and jolteons hidden ice and otherwise i don't really see the benefits of the bulkier build when hydregons could simply change to timid and suddenly have the outspeed on you.

All i'm trying to say is that both builds have their flaws and saying one is the wrong is highly opinionated since both are viable and the part of the reason people are experimenting with builds like this is because these pokemon were running hp ice to counter their weakness to chomp. Another reason why i'm not changing is that rebreeding is going to take even more time especially when i've decided to put this team on the back burner to develop and breed my other 4.
You have a point there, what I was saying was that having 252/252/4 in doubles is not great because it doesnt allow you to do anything before getting killed. Most 252/252 builds in general just dont work in doubles because you have 2 pokemon to worry about instead of just one. you may be able to outspeed both of the pokemon on the field and get your attack off but then what? garchomp doesnt 1hko a lot in doubles right now and then without any bulk he is just fodder. You also argue well then ill just mega. You dont just mega because only 1 of your pokemon can do that and mega garchomp is not the same as a bulk invested garchomp. I am giving you advice based on what actually works and not what you think works. You do not have to take the advice but saying mega garchomp does what a bulk invested garchomp does is simply asinine
Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/jediverrilli

Saturday November 5th is Extra Life day. I will be streaming for 24 hours starting at 12:30pm

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuse...tID=232041 if you wish to donate.
yea i understand what you mean. I didn't say i think they do the same role just personally if i wanted to pull a tankier build i would use a mega this may change as i get more experience in doubles but since i'm just starting out i want to stay with pokemon builds i'm familiar with and i already have several singles chomps. After all a good build is great but i dare say a bad build used well is better than a good build used badly.  You could say i'm somewhat sentimental for the garchomp build that pretty much carried me through an awful lot of games when i was just getting started in competitive battling. I appreciate the feedback and as such i'm likely to run yache berry but i don't think the ev spread will be changing anytime soon XD.

As you get to know me better you'll realize i'm incredibly stubborn, one of my favorite moments when i played guild wars 2 was essentially getting one of the best PvM players i knew to not only give up on telling me how i should build my character but admit i knew what i was doing even if it was far from the best way of doing things XD

I'm not aiming for top of the ladder, i'm not aiming for the vgc tournaments, i'm just aiming to do as well as i can with the pokemon i love in this community and bring my own take on them.