Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpDef/ 252 Spe
Adamant nature
-Hone Claws
-Zen Headbutt
-Waterfall
-Cross Chop

Damage Calcs:

252+ Atk Life Orb Golduck Cross Chop vs. 240 HP / 212 Def Cryogonal: 190-224 (108.5 - 128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Golduck Cross Chop vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ludicolo: 118-140 (76.1 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Golduck Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mawile: 122-146 (97.6 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Golduck Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Xatu: 142-169 (82.5 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Golduck Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cradily: 185-218 (95.8 - 112.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Summary

Golduck is an underrated NU sweeper in my opinion. While he isn't the best option of a physical attacker in the tier if he sets up he can become very powerful especially when holding a life orb. The ability for the set comes down to personal preference. I prefer damp as the abilty to come in and block suicide explosion leads, but swift swim is viable to beat rain sweeper ludicolo, which max speed golduck out speeds and the rain helps him further his sweeping potential. Cloud Nine can be used as a ludicolo counter as well, but Swift Swim would be the better option as it helps golduck further sweep and not much other weather is used in low tiers.  Another good thing about this set is the surprise factor. I have always been someone who is against surprise sets on pokemon because i think most of them are not very good options, but this is one of those that does. Hone claws is an extraordinarily good boosting move for golduck that lets his moves not miss while giving them a power boost that allows him to hit harder. I listed a few calcs and included a few special walls in NU since Golduck is usually a choice specs user or LO special attacker. I also listed two notable sweepers in the NU tier that this set can bypass with relative ease due to its boosting power. I would recommend a Adamant nature with this set to get the most out of its mediocre attack stat, but Jolly is usable for the added speed. Note that Golduck functions well with stealth rocks on your enemies side that let him get KO's he just misses out on due to his rather mediocre attack stat. This is very much a late game sweeper and is a set that is made for that purpose, so it might not fair to well if used early game due to its lack of power if unboosted.

Hope you guys enjoy the set and have a good time using it if you do :D
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
Mars, not being a jerk but the build looks confusing. What ability is the build based around? Also, was this imported from showdown?

Its a great Golduck build but the post just looks awkward
[Insert signature here]
(May 4, 2015, 03:39 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Mars, not being a jerk but the build looks confusing. What ability is the build based around? Also, was this imported from showdown?

Its a great Golduck build but the post just looks awkward

i said in the summary that the ability is down to personal preference though damp or swift swim is recommended. Damp blocks suicide screen/hazard setters and swift swim gives him the boosted sweeping potential. its not imported from smogon, just something i saw used once and liked. I'll try and clear it up a little

Edit: tried spacing things a little different and put a recommended ability section. Do you think i should redo some of the summary or is it better?
love the build mars! i cleaned it up a little by making the section titles bold. you should also look at this thread for the correct format so the pokemon can be copied directly into showdown:

http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-Ho...39#pid2239
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(May 4, 2015, 04:36 PM)Justin Wrote: love the build mars! i cleaned it up a little by making the section titles bold. you should also look at this thread for the correct format so the pokemon can be copied directly into showdown:

Thanks for the help and advice justin, Adjustments added for Showdown Copy/Paste. I have not posted a build on the forums since it first started so I'm still trying to get into the swing of things on here Smile
(May 4, 2015, 04:36 PM)Justin Wrote: love the build mars! i cleaned it up a little by making the section titles bold. you should also look at this thread for the correct format so the pokemon can be copied directly into showdown:

I was hinting that to Mars about the format but he didn't catch on kappaHD
[Insert signature here]