Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] [VGC] Nidoking- Attack (Special)
[Image: nidoking_sprite.png]

Base Stats- HP:81 Atk:102 Def:77 SpA:85 SpD:75 Spe:85

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / x Def / 252 SpA / x SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 31 HP / x Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
Timid Nature(+SpA,-Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Nidoking is a really good pokemon if you're looking for coverage. With it being able to learn Ice Beam you're able to take care of dragons and grass types along with Flamethrower. Flamethrower is also a good move to take care of those pesky steel type pokes. Earth Power is great to take care of the fire types and is also a good STAB move. Nidoking is a great poke to have on your team for all around coverage to take care of all the newer pokes that are now legal in VGC15.
Considering Nidoking's speed tier, I would go for more bulk seeing as how Pokemon such as Lando-T, Garchomp and M-Metagross out speed and hit super effectively, plus there is a high chance to OHKO Nidoking before it even attacks.

Also, I would go for Sludge Wave over Flamethrower and Blizzard over Ice Beam, but that's just my personal preference :P
[Insert signature here]
I would agree with Marcus .

Also like to add that scarf Nidoking is an unexpected threat .

Flamethrower is only useful against a Skarmory and Ferrothorn as your Earth Power is Stab and Super Effective.
Oh Hai Der   kappa
I feel like a 0Spe Nidoking on a TR team would wreck.

Regarding your build, flamethrower is a little redundant since Earth Power will do just as well and is STAB.

Nidoking also has access to Icy Wind now which could be useful for speed control. It won't kill Garchomp and will only have an 18.8% chance of an OHKO on Salamence using Life Orb so you're certainly not using Icy Wind as offensive. Still, speed control is nice, especially with 85 base speed.