Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Absol Moveset
Hello everybody. This is one of the few incidents when I need to ask for help for once Big Grin

I have decided to use my shiny mega absol (which looks amazing in my opinion) as an all around shiny hunting pokemon. It's been working well but I realised that its current moveset is not suitable for the task.
It has:
- Rockslide
- Sucker Punch  Replaced with Night Slash
- False Swipe (which I taught it earlier)
- Psycho Cut

This is obviously not ideal, and I'm not really sure what to replace Rockslide with or if the other moves are even preferable. So, I'd like your ideas on what I should use as my moveset. I have sleeping to do so I'll check back tomorrow and see what I've got.

- Sancho
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
What's the nature? Or do you just want a moveset? I'd recommend making rock slide knock off and the rest looks fine imo. If you intend on shiny hunting with it, you need moves with high PP so switching night slash with aerial ace wouldn't be such a bad idea, as well as using pp maxes on each move.
Hey,  fellow Absol hunting-dawg wielder! Smile

It needs Thunder Wave.  You want a status move for when the shiny finally comes out if there's the REMOTEST POSSIBILITY that it might know a recoil move.  It's not kosher but I just paralyze the shiny and keep hurling balls until one hits.  Take no chances.  The paralysis also keeps the shiny from calling for more help so you can throw balls in peace.  I sometimes run Thief as a damage-dealing move on Hunting-Dawg Absol when she's not holding an item and I'm hunting things like Dratini that could potentially carry good ones.  (You WOULD NOT want to mega evolve against Dratini ANYWAY,  as the Magic Bounce will hit them with their own Thunder Wave and stop the SOS chain!!!)

I have 3 hunting Absol in different games,  and their moveset is usually: 
Night Slash
Psycho Slash
False Swipe/Thief
Thunder Wave/Thief 

You can use Thief in place of Night Slash, as well, but I prefer to use TMable moves so we can relearn what we need on the go (this can also be used to restore their PP, incidentally.)

Again,  I can't say it enough: for a rare shiny,  just Thunder Wave plus balls.  I've never lost a shiny in years of hunting. False Swipe is NICE,  but on really rare ones with recoil moves like Beldum, I just wouldn't risk it.  Paranoid,  maybe.  But effective.  I love hunting shinies! ♡♡♡