Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Ghost-Types
84.62%
11 84.62%
Eeveelutions
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Electric Pokémon!
[Image: d26c07d0530c0db840019600fed172be61e1b7e5_hq.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and today things are going to get positively static!

So it's been about a month since my last "All Our Favorite" post, and I figured since I've been teasing the Electric-Type post since May, it was about time I finally sat down and did it. Electric-Types are a bit of a gray area for me. Mainly for two reason. 1) Most of my favorite Electric-Types are members of the Electric Mouse family, and 2) it's probably the type I use the least in recreational battling. To help me narrow down some of my favorite mons for these posts, I often briefly use the Favorite Pokémon Picker, but I actually had to use the picker twice this time around. Because most of my favorite Electric-Types are members of the Electric Mouse family, the second time I used the Picker I excluded all of them and got a very different Top 12 than the first time. So I'll be going over what I got the second time I used the Picker. Obviously, Emolga is my true favorite Electric-Type, for obvious reasons. Here though, I want to give some of my other favorite Electric-Types the spoitlight. So to kick things off today, my (other) personal favorite Electric-Type is:

Manectric
[Image: %E9%9B%B7%E7%94%B5%E5%85%BD01.jpg]
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power - Ice
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Aside from Emolga, who we all know is my true favorite, this is the Manectric that I've been using in the Super Doubles Challenge at the Battle Tree. Not only does this thing inflict massive damage on anything it comes across, but it's also a surprisingly versatile pokémon given that it can learn Flamethrower. Grass-Types resist Electric-Type attacks anyway, so having Flamethrower is a huge help. Not only that, but Manectric is well-established in VGC as well. I believe it was back in VGC 2016 when Worlds runner-up Jonathan Evans used a Mega Manectric, but was ultimately defeated by Wolfey Glick. His team featured other notable mons listed below:

[Image: icon-kyogre.png] [Image: icon-groudon.png] [Image: icon-manectric.png] [Image: icon-gengar.png] [Image: icon-bronzong.png] [Image: icon-talonflame.png]

While my connection to Manectric may not be quite as intimate as it is with Emolga, I still use a Manectric every time I play through the Gen 3 games, including ORAS. He's a great pokémon and reliable teammate. I'd gladly add a Manectric to my roster anyday. In fact, I even have plans to use one on my Multi-Weather Gen 3 Dream Team!

Other (non-mouse) Electric-Types I adore are:

[Image: raikou.png] [Image: xurkitree.png] [Image: zebstrika.png]

My love with Raikou started in Pokémon Colosseum and persists to this day. I still prefer to use Suicune in its place, but I always look forward to using them together in an awesome Rain Dance/Surf combo. My love for Raikou recently culminated in a Shiny hunt for one, which I ultimately found after 2,905 soft-resets. Definitely one of my longer hunts, but worth it all the same! Another lovely Electric-Type of mine is UB: Lighting, a.k.a. Xurkitree. Much like Emolga, my affinity for Xurkitree is very recent, but I can't deny the quirkiness of this Ultra Beast. If you take Xurkitree into Pokémon Refresh and feed it beans, it starts to dance! I simply love that, and seeing a mighty, interdimensional beast start to boogey is too much for me. As of now, Xurkitree is probably my favorite Ultra Beast, but it may have competition from UB: Adhesive come November. And lastly, Zebstrika was actually an unintentional teammate during my playthrough of Black. I added it to the team temporarily to take down Skyla's Swanna, but after that it just stayed on the team. After that I grew really attached to my Zebstrika, and while it may not be my absolute favorite Electric-Type, it's certainly cemented into my Pokémon playing experience for all time!

Just in case you're curious what my favorite Electric-Type results were WITH Electric Mice included, it looked like this:

[Image: 7RWDtdm.png]

Yeah, almost half of my Top 12. If you want to read about my favorite Electric Mouse pokémon, that my friends is a different post. For sake of diversity, I think I made the right call excluding these guys this time. It would've been redundant, and as a result kind of boring...

Well, that wraps up Wednesday's post! I look to forward to Friday, for that's the day I get to bring you all the October Meet & Greet! I can't wait to see what kind of spooky, scary things, I can come up with to feature in the post. I'll see you all then, and don't forget to let me know what your favorite Electric-Types are in the thread below!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

I got here early. My favourite electric type is probably the destroyer of souls:
[Image: stunfisk_by_xous54-d3ineqk.png]I mean, LOOK INTO HIS EYES! I've got a shiny one and he's beautiful. Also, have you seen the rage in the eyes of Cilan's Stunfisk?
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
@TheAlmightySancho

IT'S...TOO...HORRIBLE!!! MY EYES...MY EEEEEEEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- 0kamii

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's "All Our Favorite" post, I think I'm going to tag @Dova, @xanderfyfe, @lukelukeluke, @Eon_4ever, and mod @stephenWITNESS. Your QOTD is:

What is your favorite Electric-Type, and what's your favorite way to use it?

I anticipate well-thought out responses from each and every one of you! Happy thinking! Ciao.

- 0kamii

[Image: Spr_2c_243.png]Story Time![Image: 20120409203207%21Spr_C_Kris.png] 
Back in '04 when I played Pokemon Crystal I heard the rumor about 3 super rare Pokemon in Ecruteak City, and like any kid, I went there as fast as I could to find them. So, off to the Tin Tower I go, and I see the Pokemon my friends were talking about. Excited, I approached. However when they fled the tower I was so sad because I thought you couldn't catch them after that. A few weeks later, I was onto Olivine City and really wanted a Meowth. Luckily the Route just before Olivine City has them, so I hunted for this Meowth. 5 encounters later, I get this weird new music and the silhouette of a Pokemon I'd never seen before. 

Raikou! I never did catch him in Crystal, but I went out of my way to catch him in HeartGold. And I'm glad I did, he became my third favorite Pokemon after Ho-oh and Celebi and is even in my Sun Battle Tree Team!
The set is an admittedly simple Volt-Scarf set but I love it. And just 2 weeks ago I caught a Shiny Raikou in Pokemon Omega Ruby.
OU MASTER RACE
[Image: oricorio-pom-pom.jpg]

:3 

just a dancing bird and my favorite of all the forms
Mawr
Mine's a toss up between Rotom Wash and Electivire. I used both of these mons a lot during vgc 2015. Rotom was obviously the more reliable one when you got higher up on battle spot but Electivire was arguably the more fun one to use. I once had a team with both of them on it; discharge motor drive spam. It was really fun to use against Salamence teams as if you weren't able to get up a tailwind you could Ice Punch, get the motor drive speed boost (with Electivire) and be able to out speed the next turn and ko. Not the most practical of teams, was easy to counter in a bo3, but if your opponent didn't see it coming it could work out pretty good!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
[Image: flaaffy.png] Flaaffy is the best because JUST LOOK AT IT it is cute and fluffy and PINK. Also, it's from gen2 the best of all gens 
(Oct 11, 2017, 05:09 PM)Chansey Wrote: [Image: flaaffy.png] Flaaffy is the best because JUST LOOK AT IT it is cute and fluffy and PINK. { Also, it's from gen2 the best of all gens }

Yes
OU MASTER RACE
[Image: electivire_by_catchshiro-d6gndil.png]Electivire is the best, he looks cool, his shiny is cooler. But then there is also Luxray :/ Too bad he's not all that good in competitive.