Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Electric-Types
75.00%
12 75.00%
Eeveelutions
25.00%
4 25.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Fire Pokémon!
[Image: chandelure_by_alexlightning777-dadzlyy.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and I am back in a blaze of glory!

My connection has returned, there are no permanent injuries, and my partner and I are recovering at a steady pace. I should be back to my regular posting schedule within a week or so. For now however, I wanted to step back onto the stage and let everyone know that not only have I still got my touch, but I'm just as eager as ever to bring you guys new content. I usually wouldn't do another "All Our Favorite" post so soon after the last one, but I figured a special post was in order for a special occasion!

I love Fire-Types; they're probably my fifth favorite Type overall behind Dragon, Dark, Water, and Bug. They're widely used in competitive, making sure that they get plenty of spotlight, and the vast majority of them have just the coolest designs! From inanimate objects, to organisms, and even xenomorphism, all manner of Fire-Types bring something new and exciting to the table. Except in Gen 4 when we only had Infernape and Rapidash from which to choose... Dodgy That being said, my personal favorite Fire-Type is:

Torkoal
[Image: 5222469-324torkoal.png]
Torkoal @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def
IVs: 0 Atk, 0 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave/Flamethrower

I've loved Torkoal for a very long time, ever since Gen 3 when it was first introduced. Not because Ash used one in the anime, I just thought it was cute, and it could take a hit surprisingly well during the era before the physical/special split. Then sadly, Torkoal sad dormant for a long time until former World Champion Ray Rizzo used one at the Pokémon World Championships 2013. He showed that while Torkoal was underused, it wasn't by any means bad. But then sadly, Torkoal once again slipped into obscurity, that is...until 2017 when it was announced that Torkoal was going to be given the ability Drought in Sun and Moon. This was a godsend for the little guy, and overnight Torkoal became a deadly Trick Room sweeper in VGC Doubles. Threatening metagame monsters like Celesteela, Kartana, Pheromosa, and more, Torkoal's popularity only grew once American player Ashton Cox won the Latin International Championships using a Torkoal in his core. See team below:

[Image: icon-torkoal.png] [Image: icon-snorlax.png] [Image: icon-lilligant.png] [Image: icon-pheromosa.png] [Image: icon-mimikyu.png] [Image: icon-tapu-lele.png]

This proved that Torkoal isn't some long forgotten Gen 3 relic, but is in fact capable of taking center stage with the big boys. I couldn't be happier to see Torkoal viable in VGC after all these years, and come VGC 2018, I'm definitely going to be a major promoter of this little, pyrotechnic tortoise! Also, the split between Heat Wave and Flamethrower just comes down to preference. I prefer Heat Wave because in Doubles, hitting both opposing mons under harsh sunlight is glorious.

Other Fire-Type Pokémon I adore are:

[Image: chandelure.png] [Image: ninetales.png]  [Image: rotom-heat.jpg]

Ninetales was my first Fire-Type love, and to this day it remains one of my favorites. I actually thought for the longest time that Ninetales was a Gen 3 pokémon because of how often I caught them on Mt. Pyre. Our love affair was cut short though, as Torkoal soon crept its way into my heart. Another Fire-Type I adore is Chandelure. I think Gen 5 has a lot of underrated pokémon, and Chandelure is certainly one of them. For those that don't know, Chandelure has a base 145 Sp. Atk and a total of 7 resistances. That is incredibly good. It makes for a great Choice Scarf attacker, or sometimes under Trick Room like Torkoal. Not to mention is has a fantastic Shiny form. Lastly, Rotom-Heat is probably always going to get overshadowed by Rotom-Wash, but Rotom-Heat is and always will be my preferred form. I just love the creativity behind the phantom taking over the oven, and the addition of Overheat to its moveset makes it a force! Sure it's weak to Stealth Rocks, but hey...so is Charizard. #shotsfired

That's all I have for my rivetting comeback post! Like I mentioned earlier, I'll definitely be making more frequent posts as soon as I get back into the swing of things after Irma. I'm glad I at least got to keep y'alls updated throughout. I'll be reading you all soon, and don't forget to respond in the thread below with what your favorite Fire-Type is!

Read you all soon! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. I'll be making a post about spare Shiny pokémon I have to trade soon, so keep an eye out for that if you've got some spares yourself!
Wink
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and because I'm so glad to be back, I'm going to tag 5 different users today instead of the usual 4. So for today, I'm going to tag: @Drangor2, @gkh1997, @Strawberry_Soda, @wartty, and new user @Futaba_Aki. Your question of the day is:

What is your favorite Fire-Type, and what's your favorite way to use it?

Pretty sure I don't have to tag @RetroTyphlosion. I'm pretty sure we can all guess what their favorite Fire-Type is.
Big Grin Looking forward to everyone's answers!

Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hi hi Okami, hard to choose, but my first favorite was Charmeleon/charizard, cause i loved when he became angry in the anime and evolved into Charizard to "help" ash.

Though i once remember i used a Blaziken that helped me a lot in ranked (long time ago) with Baton pass/ protect and Speed boost ability.

For now this is what the first things that came in mind. ?
There really aren't that many to choose from :L
My favorite are Heatran, I have no idea why but it looks so cool in the anime, and the first episode I saw featured a heatran shooting a beam from it's mouth, and that looked cool.

I also love ninetales, though I kind of favor regular ninetales more because I do mono-type sort of nuzlocke, and ninetales steam rolled the e4 in gen 5 before it died

The last are a tie between Arcanine and Houndour because I also used them in my mono type challenge, and they got me through the gyms before they died.
Fire is one of my favourite types just behind grass. My favourite overall pokemon also happens to be Typhlosion. It was my first starter in silver and always seem to stick with me. Apart from Typhlosion some of my favourite types are Entei, Vulpix, Arcanine and Ho-oh. I have to agree with you about Torkoal. I was never a big fan but after it got Drought this gen it's definitely become one of the more useful fire types.
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
My All Time Fire team is

Charizard Blaziken Chandelure Camerupt Turtonator Delphox
My favorite fire type is an uncommon one. It's zen mode darmanitan. There's no specific reason why. It just looks cool and has a unique design
 "Good! Then listen up! My favorite Rapidash... It... cute... lovely... smart... plus... amazing... you think so?... oh yes... it... stunning... kindly... love it! Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... spectacular... ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you too long! Thanks for hearing me out!
(Sep 15, 2017, 03:50 PM)Chansey Wrote:  "Good! Then listen up! My favorite Rapidash... It... cute... lovely... smart... plus... amazing... you think so?... oh yes... it... stunning... kindly... love it! Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... spectacular... ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you too long! Thanks for hearing me out!

@Chansey  did you copy and paste a quote? This sounds like one of those trade people who would request a rapidash lol
My favorite Fire-type is Rapidash - the Fire Horse Pokémon.
[Image: icon-rapidash.png]
I think the simplicity of its design is what makes it beautiful. It's just a fire horse. I've been handling horses for roughly 15 years, which makes horse-related designs naturally appealing to me. I like how its blazing mane and tail sways as it gallops. It's such a serene, yet fiery, visage to behold. It made an appearance in the latest episode of the Sun and Moon anime, which made me really happy.

It breaks my heart that Rapidash was rather bad in-game before the physical/special split that happened in generation 4. Fire Blast and moves like Take Down fall short rather quickly. Luckily, it later got quite the amount of strong physical moves like Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Poison Jab, Mega Horn and so on.

Its subpar base-stats makes Rapidash dwell in the lower ladders, but it's still an okay wallbreaker with good coverage.

The last time I used Rapidash was for the post-game in ORAS, as a Flame Body-mon and as a stable (heeheee) companion while breeding, EV-traing or whatever I was doing back then.

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda