Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favourite Characters
Star 
Hello and Welcome to Another Pointless Thread!

I was bored, so I decided I'd make this thread. It's rather specific, so sorry if you have a hard time answering it.

Who's been your favourite video game character?
And before you rush off to the comments to scream "Nazeem's my favourite character because [I can't think of any reason why you'd like Nazeem]", just read ahead please! I'm not on about that kind of character. What I mean is the kind of customisable character in RPGs and things that you like for any number of reason including, but not limited to, their gear, some story behind them, sentimental value. Now do you get what I'm saying? Good!

Let me tell you my story
My favourite character of this sort is by far the most legendary legend that has ever created a legend upon this legendary earth. His origin? XCOM 2. Who is this man, you may be thinking? What kind of beast is this? IS HE HACKED!?

His name is...Gaston Moreau.

He was completely randomly generated, along with his slightly less legendary squad I named "Gaston's Croissants". He looks like the youtuber Markiplier but with less facial hair and more France. The assigned class was Ranger. They're all about stealth, going in with a sword and shotgun, and late-game abilities such as individual conealment (I'd just look up a demo of the game if you want to know what that means). Gaston was a little bit different, though. He went in every time. Guns blazing. Every. Time. In XCOM, you get a % chance to hit an enemy based on cover, distance and weapon. One time Gaston had a 4% chance to kill a miniboss who had killed his only squadmate left, and he actually hit it. Through a tree, 10m away and with his shotgun. AND, because I put a weapon mod on his gun which gave him a 15% chance to insta-kill anything he hit, he killed it.

That mod was exceptionally useful on the last mission when you send in 6 people. 2 squadmates were dead, one was being mind controlled and my commander's avatar was holed down by 2 of the most powerful enemies in the game. The squad's sniper fired at one of the enemy avatars (you have to kill 3 of them to win, but they get about 20 random aliens with them)  and somehow missed at a 15m range. Gaston, on the other hand, killed the same avatar with his shotgun at the same range because a stray bullet grazed them and his one-shot kicked in. He could still attack again so he turned around and one-shot the last avatar.

And so ends the legend of Gaston. Did I just write a book because it felt like it.

What's your story?
I don't expect anyone to write that much, but if your story is as long as Gaston's (which I actually cut down a bit) then go for it. I want answers with some thought/effort.

I'm going to tag @Kris, @Drangor2 and @Mr. Ultracool because you probably have something you can tell me.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
Not really, no
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris 
Like, nothing? Not even "I gave this guy a sword and it made him look cool"?

My trade shop - V2.3
Nope.
OU MASTER RACE
@TheAlmightySancho wasn't tagged or anything but It doesn't look like anyone else is gonna say anything so i guess I'll go first.

Let's see the game I'll be talking about is warframe and the two characters names are rhino,and frost, they aren't really characters more like 2 suits of armor u can build, and customize to what you see fit, just like pokemon they hava a prime form which is rarer than their original form.

Rhino Prime:
[Image: 600?cb=20151013194113]

He's one of the more tanky warframes u can build in the game with high defense and lots of raw strength, it took me a while to find his original pieces and twice as long to find his prime set i had to go to different planets, scavenge for pieces,and build the main frame which also cost quite the pretty penny.

As for his weapons i wanted something that could make use of his strength so i crafted a weopon similar to a malet called fragor for heavy hitting attacks and a wide reach, i use him on securing missions since he can handle the damage.

Fragor Prime:
[Image: latest?cb=20160520210719]

Frost Prime:
[Image: 600?cb=20130505225234]

As you can probably guess from his name the frost warframe can control ice he's not as bulky as rhino but he's fast and has a variety of ways to use him, when holding an objective i like to cast my ice globe that slows and damages any enemies that is caught within its radius, it's prime parts where hard to come by and i actually had to auction off one of my other warframes in order to get a piece i was missing but it's sleek design was well worth it.

As for his weapons as much as i could just walk around casting ice globe i like to use him with a duel sword i crafted called duel ether for close and fast melee attacks, but when doing raids i like to cast ice globe and stroll around with the tigris like a total badass.

Tigris Prime:
[Image: latest?cb=20160820032128]

Duel Ether Prime:
[Image: latest?cb=20140614062430&path-prefix=hu]

That's about it for this post but this is the first time i actually talked to you but who knows maybe we'll talk more in the future Smile
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
@Sharkfang2193 
Thanks for that, never really played much Warframe but everyone's always telling me about it.

Also, I just got 7 alerts that all lead to that one post...

My trade shop - V2.3
(Nov 11, 2017, 01:37 PM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: @Sharkfang2193 
Thanks for that, never really played much Warframe but everyone's always telling me about it.

Also, I just got 7 alerts that all lead to that one post...

Probably sent an alert everytime i saved it as a draft.
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.