Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] How did new regions work in the Pokemon world?
So we all know that every year or so, we get a new region (like Alola!). But, how would that work in the Pokemon world? Since Kanto is so close to Johto for example, how did no one know about Johto until a couple years?

Intrested in your thoughts!
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
multiverse theory
@ToxicTarrn 
Nah, Ultraspace is the multiverse theory.

I suppose there are sometimes reference to other regions before they get there own game. I'm sure there was a small mention of Alola in ORAS.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
I guess regions are like the continents of the pokemon world and they're just far apart. With the Johto/Kanto story, I'm guessing they never discovered it because no one ever felt the need to travel anywhere or maybe it the continents never came together. It could possibly be why there's a mountain there.
(Dec 29, 2017, 04:28 PM)moo311 Wrote: I guess regions are like the continents of the pokemon world and they're just far apart. With the Johto/Kanto story, I'm guessing they never discovered it because no one ever felt the need to travel anywhere or maybe it the continents never came together. It could possibly be why there's a mountain there.
@moo311 They share the same Pokémon League though xD
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
(Dec 29, 2017, 04:41 PM)PerchPond Wrote:
(Dec 29, 2017, 04:28 PM)moo311 Wrote: I guess regions are like the continents of the pokemon world and they're just far apart. With the Johto/Kanto story, I'm guessing they never discovered it because no one ever felt the need to travel anywhere or maybe it the continents never came together. It could possibly be why there's a mountain there.
@moo311 They share the same Pokémon League though xD

Idk, maybe Johto consists of people from Kanto so they share a league or Johto had a league and they changed it because it was in a weird place?
(Dec 29, 2017, 03:52 PM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: I suppose there are sometimes reference to other regions before they get there own game. I'm sure there was a small mention of Alola in ORAS.

totally wasn't looker randomly showing up with no memory on the beach
@moo311 

Maybe there was a time when the Kantonians rode over and enslaved the Johto region, forcing their cultures to merge resulting in a shared league.

Yeah. Nobody ever thought of that, did they?
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
I like Serebii's version of it, they made a map which they call Pokéarth here although it looks like it is missing alola currently

I don't really understand the whole 'new Pokémon' thing in each region as when they had flying Pokémon and water transport for soo long they should have been to each of the regions

(Dec 30, 2017, 04:41 AM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: I don't really understand the whole 'new Pokémon' thing in each region as when they had flying Pokémon and water transport for soo long they should have been to each of the regions

That can be easily explained. I live in Canada, where there's beavers, moose and Canadian geese in abundance. However, if I were to go to a country with a different climate, say like Australia, I'd see more kangaroos (of which I have never seen in person), quokkas (also never seen in person) and snakes. The difference between the real world and Pokemon is that the animals I mentioned in the real world were already "invented" whereas the new Pokemon tend to get developed as the games do. But you'd never see an Alolan Raichu for example in a landlocked continent like Kalos. That's how Pokemon change dependant on the region, and some are common throughout.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades