5 41.67%
I just came here to see Pikachu
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Generations
New episode came out today!! Who is full of hype?! I for one am really looking forward to what we're going to see from this mini series! What are you getting excited for? Gym battles? Behind-the-scenes storyline? Maybe you want to see some more character development in Pikachu and his pals? From what I can tell they are going to go over the stories from each of the main sereis games. I actually missed a few of the middle generations so I'm excited to see how they present it to people who are unfamiliar with those game titles. If you've been living under a Graveler rock this whole time, here is the pilot:

Personally, I am freaking stoked to see more! Looks like it'll be a lot of fun. However I find the pilot to be too wordy, and there's not enough legenderies. What do you think?
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
Episode 2: The Chase

Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
I also love the practical use of Pokemon. Also gotta love Looker getting more screen time. I hope they finally resolve Giovanni's character. As far as the games are concerned, he's the leader of Team Rocket, who has a tendency to disappear. He also has family issues, but that's pretty much it.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
@naitre is pretty much summing up what I would try to sum up but would fail at. I really like how they started the anime; just not a huge fan of the new look/voice for Pikachu. Also a huge fan of how they're actually incorporating music from the games into the anime

MACHAMP DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR WALLS
Feel free to post your favorite Pokémon FanArt here ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩
I agree with @naitre. It does seem like they are trying to cater to older fans.. almost how it seemed (for me at least) with Origins. The only question I have though... WHYYYYYY are all the good mature Pokemon shows MINI-series. Come on, give us a real adventure!
  [Image: rage-quit-table-flip-smiley-emoticon.png]
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Pokemon Generations is certainly something TCPi wanted to gear towards the olders audiences with them focusing on Red's Pikachu and Looker's involvement in the International Police. Was concerned this series was only going the feature Red in almost every story, however after watching "The Chase", glad these thoughts were wrong. There's a good change we might explore into the background of some of the notable NPCs in the Pokemon Main Series and events like Blue's league challenge of Indigo Plateau, Looker's history with the IP, the legendary beasts,  etc. Really like the idea of exploring these events in the games we've always known about, but never "seen". Sure not expecting this to be canon, or 100% correlated to the games, but its a nice step in the right direction.

Find it funny that we never seen any law enforcement in the Pokemon Universe (aside "Officer Jenny) use actual Pokemon in an operations. Kinda find the Magnemite hacking into the door, the Machamp destroying the walls, and the Arcanine burning corridors both creative and exciting. I mean, if you are hunting perhaps the one of the most dangerous and influential crime boss in the entire Kanto region who's also the strongest Gym Leader, you are going to need a ton of backup.
I very much enjoyed the art style and fast pace animation. If the new Sun and Moon anime looks anywhere close to this I might actually watch it in its entirety.  :D
Get hyped! Blue rises to the top at the Indigo Plateu in this episode!

Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
For this episode, the voice acting on most of the characters seem off as well as some of the aesthetic changes like having the Kanto E4 in a similar room found in the Unova E4. Probably the best moment of this special is when Agatha comparing Blue (or Green in Japan) to his grandfather Professor Oak and Blue's immediate reaction upon hearing this. Clearly Blue doesn't want to be associate with his Grandfather given his status as the regional professor and other contributions. Though we can assume Blue wants to be among the "strongest trainers", even if he thinks of his Pokedex as a tool. Guess this is kinda hinting toward how Prof. Oaks remarks to Blue as soon as Red, or the player beats him.
Get in here it's time for The Lake of Rage!!!

Can you h*ck me a Ditto?