Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Shaymin set
Hey guys, just a quick question: would you guys think that a cleric Shaymin would work? If so, would it be better if it was Sp. Def or Def (test below). I think it might be good, but the only downfall is that it's outclassed by Umbreon/Florges.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis
- Toxic/Leech Seed

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def /252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis
- Toxic/Leech Seed
From my general knoweldge, Shaymin's stats are a nice and even 600. I'd say more moves are Special than Psychical, but that's up to you.

If you wanna go with a sky form Shaymin, it's def and SpD drop to 75 each.
Put in defence and then use Florges or Blissey as a special wall if u are using it in UU
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
(Jul 4, 2016, 08:47 PM)geetry Wrote: From my general knoweldge, Shaymin's stats are a nice and even 600. I'd say more moves are Special than Psychical, but that's up to you.

If you wanna go with a sky form Shaymin, it's def and SpD drop to 75 each.

@geetry Uh I don't think you really understood my question; I know how to use a Shaymin, I got top 500 on the Smogon UU ladder. But, it's used offensively most of the time , so I wondered if the set I suggested would work. Thanks for trying to help anyways, I might have not been clear enough :]
(Jul 5, 2016, 05:23 AM)Johnnyspyguy Wrote: Put in defence and then use Florges or Blissey as a special wall if u are using it in UU

@Johnnyspyguy Yeah, physically defensive looks better now that I think of it. But, I wouldn't use it with Blissey or Florges (same with Umbreon too) because they have the same purpose (cleric) so having both of those would be kind of a waste in my humble opinion. I would actually opt for a Sp. Def Empoleon because it has rocks and Scald, while also being the start of a Grass/Water/Fire core. Thanks though :]
Typewise, SpDef seems more optical as it allows Shaymin to take hits better such as Draco Meteor, Ice Beam (non STAB), alongside stronger offensive special attackers in the tier. I don't see Physical defensive variants working in UU as well as specially defensive but hey, not ruling it out that it can work