Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] ORAS - Soft Resets
Hi guys,
I'm soft resetting for a shiny Treecko at the moment, and using the Shiny Counter on this site, I'm at 274 soft resets so far. Just a question, but is there an average number of soft resets to get a shiny starter, or does it depend? Thanks in advance for your answers, this is my first time soft resetting for a shiny and I can't wait to get it.
-MM
The odds for getting a shiny when soft resetting is 1/4096, 1/1365 with the shiny charm.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
soft resetting can take a while i soft resetted a shiny giratina and it took forever Angry
You could soft reset 2000 times and never get a shiny if you're unlucky as the chance is very low, and each soft reset doesn't make it more likely to get a shiny in the next reset. Some people get a shiny in 2 soft resets and some people get a shiny after thousands of soft resets. It's impossible to say an average really
I think it would be faster to breed with a forien pokemon then soft reset unless it is a legend, but if you want your first starter to be shiny then... you might be there a while.

oh and contrary to what thatgr said, since the chances are ~1/4000 - ~1/1000 you can consider the chances the average

also nomally 2000 times would be lucky since you have a 1/4096 chance