Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Weird Pokemon Habits?
Wink 
Have you ever noticed that throughout playing pokemon you have weird habits? Maybe choosing only one specific type as a starter EVERY game, or only battling specific trainers?

I've noticed that ever since I've started playing pokemon, I only catch female pokemon. I always restarted my game until I got a female starter, and when I go through the game I only catch female teammates and KO every other pokemon until I get a female one. If a pokemon is a male-only or not gendered I'd catch it for the dex but would never use it. I don't know why I do this, and over time I've become a lot more lax (because of shiny hunting and the pokemon being male or genderless), but does anyone else have any weird habits they do almost subconsciously in pokemon? ╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
I noticed that ever since i had started playing Pokemon that i too have only caught Female Pokemon. Or if i was searching for a specific shiny Pokemon it had to be female or i didn't want it. I also have noticed that i had only would wear Black,Purple, Orange, or blue in pokemon Y for character customization. Its pretty weird....lol
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
When I first started all I caught were male Pokemon. Then I grew out of it and it doesn't really bother me anymore.
Yes, I have a RULE! I can't battle any character, besides rival battles that you are forced to do, until my starter is at least level 12 and I have another one that is level 10. I almost never use that second Pokemon though and end up training my 3rd instead.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Even before gen 6, I use to always "overlevel" my starter from at level 5, to level 12 often before the player has access to Pokeballs, or can move to the next area. So basically by the time someone would be at or around the 1st / 2nd Gym, I'd probably have a strong starter who can OHKO just about everything in the game. For most nuzlocke, instead of having a good 6-mon team, I'd try my best to raise as many on par as possible to keep up with the opposing Pokemon levels. Though this is extremely tedious, this strategy has worked to the point I rarely lose Pokemon aside from crits/hax. The only other weird habit I do is back track for no reason to see if a certain "hidden item" appears, especially in BW2 for shards.
I never use any potions or full restores during my playthrough, or almost any item to be honest. Don't know exactly why. This changed a bit cause I've been getting into the competitive aspect of the game recently.
#LillieDefenseSquad
Other than potions, I agree with the above statement xD
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
I soft reset my starter and make sure that every Pokémon on my team has a competitive nature so I can breed them afterwards lol
I have a few:

1. Used to catch only male pokemons, until I faced an opponent that spams attract. God that was an awful match
2. I only go to the pokemon center of a town once (well in the play through) so I have to use the potions and antidotes i found somewhere.
3. I catch only the pokemons that'll be on my team. I run away from other mons in the wild and battle only the trainers in the route. It makes my team underleveled usually and caused me to blackout a few times.
4. In my playthrough, natures don't mean a thing, I only care of gender.
5. EXP share and lucky egg doesn't exist.
6. Buy pokeballs in tens.
7. Don't care if my team will be rekt by a single type. Type balance for my team doesn't exist. I'll think of the move coverage to deal with those weaknesses later on. Although I usually pick moves that has good animation. Also signature moves must remain on them.
8. Evolving my team will only happen if i like it. If Litten evolves into a bipedal pokemon, I'll give it an everstone.
9. I usually have an eeveelution in my team.
10. My team must not faint too much, I don't want them to hate me.
11. No saving in between elite 4. I used all my revives on my first playthrough omega ruby I was so under leveled when I got there since I ran away from mons in victory road.
12. Nickname them all!
13. In Pokemon Y, I have to change my outfit everyday (when I had enough money to buy clothes)
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

I sell all vitamins and rare candies. I only buy healing items, so no TMs (exept in gen 1)
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?