Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What is stall?
There has been a few people discussing about stall Pokemon so i want to clarify what a stall Pokemon is. Stall pokemon uses its stats/moves/abilities/items to draw out a battle? For example the pokemon Chansey has high Health Points and special defense, adding an eviolite (boost the pokemon's defense and special defense if they are not in their final form of evolution), and moves to allow it to heal and remove stat effects, allows chansey to stay in the battle for a considerable amount of time. Alot of the pokemon in Sun and Moon are slow, but that doesnt mean they will be stally, VGC17 is gonna be a crazy year, we'll be trying to think of someone strategies for the legal pokemon.

For more information on common terms in pokemon, check out our terminology list here:
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-IMPORTA...ology-List
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I believe stall to be a playstyle which uses indirect damage as their main way of outputting damage, such as hail, sand, toxic, rocky helmet etc. However, when people generally say someone is using stall they refer to a pokemon that is fairly bulky usually using a move such as calm mind or curse. Stall shouldn't be defined by a low speed stat. Too many pokemon have terrible speed, but incredibly high offensive stats.

I havent seen the stats for any pokemon as of yet, but if pokemon are fairly slow this generation surely trick room is a viable option.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
I'd define stall as a playstyle in which a team is composed in a manner where 5 of the 6 Pokemon can easily function as checks to one another, for instance Chansey taking special hits for a physically defensive Skarmory and Sableye being immune to Fighting moves and serving as a Knock Off switching to support Chansey. Stall teams generally play extremely passively and rely on the use of reliable recovery options and heavy cleric support on top of entry hazard support and removal. Stall pretty much presents a situation where no matter what counter you have for one Pokemon, that Pokemon will always be able to switch into a check for said counter which leads to PP draining on the person facing the stall. A very important element of stall teams is also to have 1 offensive Pokemon which serves as a revenge killer or trapper to pick off Pokemon that discourage stall

A more concise definition? Stall is passively wearing down the opponent with status conditions, entry hazards and switching