Poll: Should Amethyst 0mega start hosting tournaments?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
87.50%
7 87.50%
No...
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Which Region Do You Call Home? - with 0kamii
My region is... Unova! I haven't got into pokemon till Pokemon X, than I went back to white 2. X and Y were pretty easy games to grind through as long as rng was somewhat in my favor. I didn't even need to know the difference between attack and special attack. But, once I got into white 2, while not a difficult game I needed to actually know stats, train pokemon, and most importantly, know where to train in the region. I love the cities, the Pokemon world tournament, and the amazing enviroments made with a mix of polygons and pixelart. I also was amazed by the diversity among the region. From the mystery of N's castle, to the quaint aspect of Nuvema town, to the amazing views from all the bridges. I love everything in this region, anside from garbodor. Unova is awesome.

-Da Pokeman Masta
Also, If I could live in any city in the Pokemon world, it would be Icirrus city. I love the tundra city environment, with the gym being my favorite of all time.
(Jul 13, 2017, 08:12 AM)0kamii Wrote: Wow! Only up for a day and already eight comments. That's a new record for me. There's a lot of good stuff here, so let's see if I can respond to it all!

@RetroTyphlosion I only ever played through HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes. But I can still agree that there is a certain charm to traveling two separate regions and collecing 16 badges. Frankly though, I've already sunk 400+ hours into my Moon version and 200+ into my Sun version. I almost forget what it's like to collect badges as opposed to doing trials. Just me?

@Sharkfang2193 There is an undeniable Japanese-esque aesthetic to the Johto region, especially the Bell Tower in Ecruteak City. Malie Garden was a fantastic callback to this. Also, I like Cyndaquil, but I still think I'll choose Totodile when I play through Gen 2 again. Typholosion makes the game too easy. Big Grin

@Reis Yay, someone I tagged actually responded! I love Undella Town. As a gym town it was kind of underwhelming, but the visuals were just spectacular. The coastal environment was very serene, and the people were very friendly. It was a really good edition to the dark, industrial feel that the rest of Unova had.

@AniMangelo You don't have to describe anything, AniMangelo. Everyone in the community fell head over heels for Alola. I don't think there's much to explain. The region kind of does the talking for you. Wouldn't you agree?

@Brockahly Mossdeep City, huh? Fascianting choice. If you love the ocean so much, why not Sootopolis City? You can't get much closer to the ocean than that. But yes, I have a soft-spot for astronomy, so I guess the space station puts it in good running. Also, you get Beldum there! And Metagross is awesome!

@FireTaco [Image: ditto.png]

@Corrosion2424 Another person that settled in their first region. No problem with that. I see you also live in Fortree. Looks like we're going to be neighbors.

- 0kamii

I think you're confusing Undella town with something else.
[Image: 300px-Undella_Town_Spring_BW.png]
This is Undella town, unless it's different in BW2, but I remember it as my worst nightmare, walking into Cynthias house..
also i refresh the page every 5 minutes
(Jul 13, 2017, 08:16 AM)Da Pokeman Masta Wrote: Also, If I could live in any city in the Pokemon world, it would be Icirrus city. I love the tundra city environment, with the gym being my favorite of all time.

Your username is extremely hard to tag. Mostly because of the spaces. But anyway, Icirrus City was visually stimulating. I atmosphere of the city was very pleasant. I'm just sad they didn't do more with it in Black 2 and White 2. You could find Sawsbuck there too, and I have a soft-spot for Sawsbuck. Especially its Winter Form.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@Reis Yeah, you're right. I was mixing up Undella Town with Humilau. Undella is awesome too, though. I guess I just subconsciously prefer Humilau. Blush

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

For me it's definitely Johto. It was the first region that I visited and it always seemed to be my favourite. I love the peaceful vibe you get when you travel around it, between the music and the scenery. If i had to pick a favourite town it would probably be Azalea town. With Ilex Forest and Union Cave as the only ways to get there it has a nice secluded feeling to it and definitely is one of the more scenic towns in Johto, especially at night.

[Image: Pokemon-GSC-Johto-AzaleaTown.png]
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
sinnoh stole my heart, most beautifull region and my favorite pokemon
my homeregion is definetly Sinnoh

[Image: Sinnoh.png]

Diamant was the first pokemon game ive ever played ( ok not really i had pokemon stadium befor but i dont know if that really counts ^^). and threw all the years i play pokemon now if never deleted my original savegame of my first pokemon playthrough. This region has definetly stolen my heart ( and my childhood).
(Jul 13, 2017, 12:12 PM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: For me it's definitely Johto. It was the first region that I visited and it always seemed to be my favourite. I love the peaceful vibe you get when you travel around it, between the music and the scenery. If i had to pick a favourite town it would probably be Azalea town. With Ilex Forest and Union Cave as the only ways to get there it has a nice secluded feeling to it and definitely is one of the more scenic towns in Johto, especially at night.

[Image: Pokemon-GSC-Johto-AzaleaTown.png]

@stephenWITNESS AMEN TO YOU TOO AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEEEEEEN
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
@0kamii Well, in all honesty I haven't played Silver in about 6 months (you know, saying that really makes me want to play it.... how much does it cost to download Silver into a 3ds?), and I really need to do it again. Although, I really miss the fact that you can't travel from region to region, and I do like how Silver did that, but also allowed 16 gyms to fight (some of which were quite hard, R.I.P. Typhlosion, fainted to Blue's Gyarados). While trials were fun, I do miss gyms. But mostly, that Gen. 2 gym theme. Go look it up on YouTube, best Pokémon song yet. And actually, all of the Gen. 2 playlist, I listened to most of the soundtrack the other day and got all misty-eyed. Sooooo, yeah. Silver and Johto ROCKS!
P.S. Since its now what everybody is saying, I would live in Goldenrod City, the largest town in all of Johto and home to Whitney's Demon Miltank.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!