Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Dex nav questions
So this question has been asked a lot by a lot of people already I bet so please bear with me as I'm a new shiny Hunter. I got my shiny charm which I've never done before a few months back and have been trying to learn how to Shiny hunt I have sapphire and have been trying the dex nav method and get a chain of around 20-30 and than I mess up usually I accidently run in stead of creep and the pokemon runs away. I've heard that breaking the chain means you have to restart but I've also heard vice versa and that breaking the chain dosnt affect the odds of finding shiny pokemon. Just would like a little help again sorry for asking a noon question.
The dex nav has the same odds as random encounters, regardless of how many pokemon you have chained last I checked.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
https://youtu.be/1cT410kgzXk
From what I've heard, when you're Dex Nav chaining and you come across a different pokemon, It doesn't break your chain. This is a video from TheJWittz who knows way more about this than I do.  Smile
Ok thanks for being so quick what method would you suggest? Friend safari or or masuda method
U can only break the chain if u run away or pokemon does. If you capture it or slay it doesnt matter. If u run into another poke just slay it or capture it and your chain is not broken. If u break your chain i don´t need to restart your game that won´t help you just retry it. I can´t say if dex nav helps with finding shinys, i used the method and found
the shinys relativ fast (after 30-50 try) but that´s already a lil time ago so dunno if it still works
Thanks guys I really appreciate it I guess I'm goin to focus on friend safari and the masuda method
Friend safari is better if you aren't looking for competitive shinies
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?